Thread: How Good Is Good Enough

Hybrid View

Live in Akron and hunt mostly in Carroll County
    Chuck, I'm sure your dad could benefit from a crossbow. I feel that anything that can get or keep you in the game is what one should use.

Stan, the limbs are a good point. I shoot quite a bit over the course of a years time. And every time I hunt I have to shoot at the end of the hunt. So the limbs do get a workout. I had new limbs put on 3 years ago. I cock use a cocking device which insures a very consistent centering.

Yes, a 2 1/2" cutting surface can be forgiving and makes my 1" diameter Muzzys look puny. But I am confident with the performance of my Muzzys.

Yes an Accu Trigger would be a great feature. I have one on my Savage .17HMR and use it as pre set from the factory. Very satisfactory for a factory trigger.
    I may be opinionated...but, my opinion is the only one that matters anyway.

S.E.Michigan to live & S.E. Ohio to dream
    Wondering....is it possible to maybe have a gunsmith modify the trigger pull on a crossbow?? Thought the same on ours that the kids use, that it's a little tough to pull.

I would think a GOOD smith could for sure, but WOULD THEY??
    liability is a reason so many triggers suck, too many legal suits to scare off a lot of good work that could be done on the cheap too!

I used Muzzy's for YRS, and liked them, but to me over the last several yrs that I used them I just couldn't get them to fly like the older one's
    so I have tried several different heads since then,. and am on the rage heads not, but just the crossbow one's , not the big 2.5'
    but what I use are 150 grain heads , and fly true and have worked when I do my part

confidence is a good thing to have in your gear

I just gave that as an example as an option if ever wanted
    I knew you were a Muzzy man!

Live in Akron and hunt mostly in Carroll County
    You are right on the liabilty aspects.

I shot some more today and fared a little better. Not alot, but better.

I am shooting the older four bladed Muzzys that have the 1" cutting diameter. The newer four bladed tips have a 1 1/8" cutting diameter. I picked up 5 cards of these on eBay about 5 years ago for only $30. I gave my Dad two cards and kept three cards for myself. I still have two full cards unopened and 3 unused heads. I've had to replace the blades a few times but the heads are near indestructible. My crossbow shoots best with the smaller cutting diameter heads. I tried using NAP Thunderheads that had 1 1/4" cutting diameter and they were all over the target. May just be my arrow choice that works this way.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0920muzzy1.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	66.5 KB 
ID:	8909
    I may be opinionated...but, my opinion is the only one that matters anyway.

just wondering if you ever weighed your heads on a scale
    I have over the yrs to check replacement blades and found them to be different than factory weights
    not by much
    but most heads to me are not all the same weight in a pack, but again talking small amounts
    does it matter??

dick i would say if you are to change anything on your set up maybe try a different pair of socks not the set up on your bow ive notice that some times people start giving to many opinions on what it could be then it can make you start to doubt your shot when the deer steps out .as i took your advice on the bait for pond bass take my advice on this there is nothing wrong with your shooting or your grouping i can promise u nobody hardly ever hits the exact spot they aiming at there are so many variables wind ,angle elevation there can be alot of things that doesnt have to do with your shooting just my 2cents
    ******* man's only natural predator is man himself *********** poet's name buckstalker17 !!!! And to think my highschool teacher told me sitting on my tail all day would get me nothing in life .

BOWTECH CARBON KNIGHT 4.4 LBS LOADED
    QAD REST
    ARMORTECH SIGHTS

Thread Information