Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Rut Hunting

2012 Rut Hunting

Ok, so I have 4 days of vacation that I want to take during the rut this year. Any suggestions to which weekend I should take these 4 days. Plan to use them on a Thursday/Friday leading into a weekend and then the following Monday/Tuesday. Was thinking 11/8 - 11/13. Or should I do the weekend before? 11/1 - 11/6.

Based on my experience, I have seen action during both weekends, and have taken both my bucks in that time frame...1st being 11/5, and the 2nd being 11/7.

Thanks guys.
    2010 Hoyt Maxxis 31 29" Draw | 65# Draw Weight
    Lotus 3-Pin | QAD Ultra-Rest PRO HD | Fuse 8" Stabalizer | Fuse Satori 5 Arrow Quiver | G5 Peep | TruBall Release | Gold Tip XT Hunter 7595 | G5 T3 100gr.

I think any of those would be good. I hope I picked right. I have the first full week of Nov. off.
    Good luck

I took Nov 1,2 leading into Nov 3,4 based on predictions that Bucks will be "chasing" during this week.
    My Church is the woodlands and waterways, in them I have never felt closer to God.

Genesis 27:3

Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;

I think 11/8-11/13 would be perfect. I've done well in Stark/Carroll counties during these times and was planning on taking off 11/8,9,10,11 this year. I took off last year 11/3-4 and things weren't quite what i expected. Things were better a week later so that's why I'm changing dates this year. Maybe it's just where i hunt but this was my experience. Good luck regardless!

Anytime in Nov is good but if I had to choose I would pick the 2nd simply because you have that slight chance of it being colder.
    "LEARN FROM THE DEER YOU HUNT" NOT THE OUTDOOR CHANNEL !!!

Full moon is allways at the begining of the month and that means alot of night movment unless its overcast.I like the second and third week better.Good luck

Second week has always been best for me, but the last three seasons the third week has been best.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Pulling my hair out trying to decide. Keep going through different scenarios in my head. Yes, all of November is good, I just don't want to pick the week of lock down. Yes, many factors...moon phase, seeking/chasing, crops down, weather, etc etc. Well, I originally said 11/8 - 11/13, then went to 11/1 - 11/6...thinking I will go back to the 8th b/c of the full moon being 10/26 and like forestman said, more night movement. Buuuuuuttttttttttt....I know what I have seen in the past during the first weekend of November...sorry guys... indecisive mind here.
    2010 Hoyt Maxxis 31 29" Draw | 65# Draw Weight
    Lotus 3-Pin | QAD Ultra-Rest PRO HD | Fuse 8" Stabalizer | Fuse Satori 5 Arrow Quiver | G5 Peep | TruBall Release | Gold Tip XT Hunter 7595 | G5 T3 100gr.

I would take off 11/8 through 11/13

personally i would go with the first weekend it will put you more in the chase phase which in my opinion is the best phase to be hunting.
    MARINE CORPS 2111

Thread Information