Thread: Tagged out?

Hybrid View

Tagged out?

Has anyone tagged completely out in the state of Ohio? That's 18 deer spread out across all 3 of Ohio's zones. If not how close have you got?

i am pretty sure the most deer you can shoot is like 6 might want to read the regulations again

Here in Hamilton County (Zone C) we can take 6 deer IF you hunt in the urban zones however you can
    take an additional 6 for a total of 12. I personally tagged 10 last year & 7 of my fellow urban hunters
    actually filled all 12 tags. If you head to Zone B you can take 4 more deer, and Zone A allows for 2 more
    for a total of 18. Since I am considering trying to do this in this upcoming season I spoke with a rep at the Div. of Wildlife who confirmed all of this yesterday

I knew the urban zone deer did not cout against your season limit, but I thought you were limited to 6 other deer total. But I'm now not sure that is true. I found this on the Ohio DNR site:

"■ Deer Zone bag limits are separate and do not impact deer hunting in other Deer Zones."

The quote is from this page, and you have to scroll down just below the map of Ohio to see it.

http://www.ohiodnr.com/wildlife/dow/...ting_deer.aspx

It seems that Ohio has given us a rare window of opportunity to have an incredible year.

My question is why would you feel the need to take 18 deer?

Quote Originally Posted by rthensley View Post
    I knew the urban zone deer did not cout against your season limit, but I thought you were limited to 6 other deer total. But I'm now not sure that is true. I found this on the Ohio DNR site:

"■ Deer Zone bag limits are separate and do not impact deer hunting in other Deer Zones."

The quote is from this page, and you have to scroll down just below the map of Ohio to see it.

http://www.ohiodnr.com/wildlife/dow/...ting_deer.aspx
    I can honestly say having read the regulations every year for years, I did not know this. If nothing else I learned something from this thread.

I'll try respond to bucksonly with more respect than was shown to me.
    The deer density in NE Ohio is radically different than it is in SW Ohio. To try to compare your experience there with mine here is like
    comparing apples to Toyota's. I live 7 miles north of downtown Cincinnati & it's not uncommon as I drive my kids to school to see 20+
    deer. We are not simply overpopulated but some might say over run. While our urban programs are very productive, we're barely making a
    dent in the overall numbers. But at best we're barely treading water. As for what the regulations actually say, and the wording can be
    confusing. Simply call the Ohio Division of Wildlife for confirmation like I did. Violating game laws reflects poorly on all of us & I take these laws very seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Crossfire View Post
    It seems that Ohio has given us a rare window of opportunity to have an incredible year.
    It has always been like this. But 90% of people will not or can not hunt all over the state to hit 3 zones.

Thread Information