Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Target Panic

Senior Member mrsohiobuckhunter's Avatar
    for me i just walk away from the bow for a minute. usually this happens to me closer to opening day because i get anxious and over think every shot i take so i end up all over the place. i tend not to want to practice really close to the opener because i know what will happen and it kills my confidence so i leave it for a few days before opening day

Iv never really ha target panic but I did talk to a Amish guy who likes to shoot a little 3D or fun and was talking to him for a good 2 hrs one day about shooting and he said target panic years ago and he was telling me what he did was he went down to his basement and turned out all of his lights and from about 5 yards he just shot I've and over and over again then he moved back to about 10 yards and did the same thing he said he did this for a week straight and after that he said his panic was gone. This is just what he told me I don't no if it works of not I would do it outside in the dark not in the house haha worth a try tho maybe ? Good luck

Are you sure it is target panic? Last year after 40+ years of bowhunting I was having trouble. Never did before. At the summer campout it was suggested to me by several members that it was target panic. I took their advice and worked on it, but couldn't straightened it out. Turns out that my eyes had gotten to the point were my depth preception was off. I simply put my reading glasses on for a few shots and them took them back off. For some reason it worked like a charm. Started shooting again like I normally did. I've needed glasses to read for about 10 years but it never effected anything else about my eyesight untill then, and it still hasn't effected anything else at this point. Just another angle to look at.
    I have strong opinions about God, Guns, Guitars and Harley Davidsons, I can remain open minded about everything else.
    Member of Pope & Young, and Buckeye Big Buck Club.
    Member of the Bloody Blazers, 2011-2012 team challenge winners.

so last sunday was shooting like a pure amateur, put down the bow till today, shot 20 arrows early at 5 yds with my eyes closed and focused on my release and keeping my bow arm steady and not dropping it. After that I put the bow away and came back 3 hours late, back to a solid group again. Good post guys!

Thread Information