Thread: lost lands

lost lands

well a few days ago I finally got word that the place I used to hunt in Ohio for the past 13+ yrs was sold.
    Owner died, a great guy, almost two yrs ago, and the wife was from CA.,and wanted to move back,
    so she put the farm up for sale, wasn't having any luck, till all this oil/natural gas boom!
    well since the oil companys were getting into the area, a few months ago, they bought it, and she moved., so its gone for me as a place to hunt!

I was talking to a local I keep in touch with and was told the land is now back up for sale, AGAIN, without the mineral rights for a crazy price. as apparently thats what some oil companys are doing, buying lands to get mineral rights and then sell the land without them to folks that don't know any better!

I am in the works to see if I can gain acess through the oil company, if maybe they do that till its sold, but so far no replys

that place was about the best most consistant place I ever hunted any where, and I have even been to , and I hunted a lot of states/places over the yrs, was an honest honey hole for BIG bucks yr after yr for me, easy hunting too, all I had to do was show up and climb same tree yr after yr and big bucks just showed up all the time!
    going to miss that place

How many acres was it?
    Enjoy your hunt- the long sit......... the cold.......the rain and snow......the peace and quiet, it may just be your last hunt........... you never know.

well it was about 55, but most of it was all open old farm lands/pasture lands, but bordered a little over a 1000 private acres of wooded lands that was strickly managed , key to why every yr so many BIG bucks
    I hunted a 5 acre patch of woods on it yr after yr and even in same tree no matter the wind direction and seen big bucks all the time, I am going to really miss both that spot and the owner, but were above average!

Thread Information