Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Corn

Corn

I'm in SW Ohio & am getting killed by corn prices. Certainly there has to be a better option than Wal-Mart.
    Has anyone found a good source?

Go to your local feed store. I have a horse feed place just down the road. I haven't purchased any lately but I think your going to find that everyone is up this year.

yeah i am still using corn from last season out of gravity wagon i bought i heard the prices are up due to drought

Local feed store will be much cheaper than Wally World. You also get a price break if you can buy 1000 pounds, at least at my local coop. It was expensive last year and I expect it will be higher this year.
    "There are hundreds of millions of gun owners in this country, and not one of them will have an accident today. The only misuse of guns comes in environments where there are drugs, alcohol, bad parents, and undisciplined children. Period." -Ted Nugent

I just paid $13.41 at Reading Feed & Seed for 50lbs. But Walmart & Bass Pro has 40lbs. for 9.99

11.10 is the cheapest up in mich for a 50 lbs. bag....walmart had 40 lb. for 8.99....lady at local co-op said it will be 13.50 to 15.00 for 50 lbs in oct.

you can also just try going to local farmers in your area that grow corn, most will sell it to you by 100 lbs at a time
    I am currently paying 16 bucks for 100 lbs, an all time high, and going up
    last yr at this time it was about 11, and yr before it was about 9 bucks a 100 lbs, and yr before that was just 7 bucks a 100 lbs

its not the drought causing prices to go up, its the economy and the fact they use it in Gas, its a high demand product, and ONLY going up, once the drought damage is added in it will just get worse, and sad fact it, its a lot of bullcrap, even with a large portion of drought dmamage, the fact is more corn is planted now, this yr than ever in history due to what its worth, so even with a big hit there will not be a corn shortage, but it can be viewed and sold as there is due to so many crop being damaged, but with all the extra planted, its very very low odds to be a real shortage, and this is coming from many farmers I know, and its going to make a bunch of profit for many,
    and some a few that took the hit, will be hurting, but over all lots of corn and beans this yr on the market

will be just like gas
    raise prices saying there isn't as much as ????
    and then turning major profits in the mean time!!

good for the farmers, bad for everyone else, all foods will go up with this

Same here as mrbb, I just go to a local farmer. Will find out the cost this weekend, havent purchased any yet this year. But last year, I'd get 2 burlap feed sacks full for 7.00. Not sure of the weight, but will be 50+ lbs.

I can get it from a farmer I hunt on for $7.50 a bushel
    European Mount Cleaning: PM me for details

...If you are too busy to hunt or fish,then you are to busy...........Jase Robertson

Has anyone checked a tractor supply? Last year the one across the river from me had some good prices early season. May want to give them a try.

Thread Information