Thread: First year in Jefferson County

Hybrid View

First year in Jefferson County

Hey everyone just wanted to get my first post here. From what I have read I think I have found the place for me. This is my first year bow hunting Jefferson County, can you say excited as he!!, great shots on the cameras and some real nice private land. The big thing is I am going to have my 8 year old son on stand with me for most of the hunts introducing him to the great outdoors. Good luck to everyone this year and I hope to see some nice pics taken with the arrow!

well welcome to the site, and good luck geting to enjoy some hunts with your kid
    , hope you get a nice buck

Welcome Jim, its a good place if your a bow hunter. My sons are all grown now but I will never forget the time we spent together in the woods. Some place's I and they still go have names, like 1st kill, 1st miss. hiden hill, all good memorys. I even have a place I call dads rock. He don't hunt anymore (he's 89) but when I'm there its like he is too. Enjoy your time with him, its worth it.
    what goes around, comes around. (I sure do hope so)!!

Thanks. Both of us are ready to hit the woods. Trying to teach him everything about the outdoors. The biggest thing he has picked up on is leave the area cleaner than you found it. He takes a little trash bag with him when we go out to keep the trash in he finds. We found a couple beer bottles last year way out in the middle of no where and he asked me "papa why would someone drink beer when the are hunting, wouldn't the deer smell the beer" I had to chuckle a little. I hope everyone has a great year in the woods.

Thread Information