I'm an avid bowhunter and I have been reading a lot about hunting whitetails in Ohio. I'm currently trying to plan a hunting trip to Ohio for me and my father for the 2013 season. I'm hoping to find access to some private land or be able to find a good place to hunt on public land. I'm in the Army and I'm currently deployed to Afghanistan. I'm going to try to plan at least one or two scouting trips in the summer of 2013. I'm looking for a place that is going to give me a good chance at taking a 140"+ mature whitetail. I don't mind to shoot a doe, but I'm not interested in shooting small bucks. During season I will only be bowhunting and I'm going to be taking 2 to 3 weeks on this hunting trip. Anyone who is willing to reply with advice or willing to PM me with advice I greatly appreciate it. I have a strong passion for bowhunting whitetails and I hate that I'm missing this upcoming season, but I look forward to reading the success stories of the hunters on this forum. I also enjoy seeing the pictures of your successful hunts. Good Luck.

v/r,
Steven