Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Hay Bale Blind

Real nice! Seen one at Woodbury a couple weeks ago that looked like a tree trunk and had a price tag of 3k. Makes it nice when you can build your own.

Live in Akron and hunt mostly in Carroll County
    Awesome set up, I like it!! I can't imagine you can't arrow a few from it.
    I may be opinionated...but, my opinion is the only one that matters anyway.

That's nice right there. I wish I'da thought of that a few years back. I'm sure I would have used some urban tags from it.
    Bear Lights Out 27"/60#
    Beman ICS Hunter 400 arrows
    Whisker Biscuit
    Extreme Archery 3 Pin Sight
    100gr Rage 2 Blade

"There are hundreds of millions of gun owners in this country, and not one of them will have an accident today. The only misuse of guns comes in environments where there are drugs, alcohol, bad parents, and undisciplined children. Period."

Ted Nugent

That is an awesome blind. Looks so real, the cows will be your biggest problem!
    "There are hundreds of millions of gun owners in this country, and not one of them will have an accident today. The only misuse of guns comes in environments where there are drugs, alcohol, bad parents, and undisciplined children. Period." -Ted Nugent

its not real straw or hay so my guess is they will mess with it at first then will leave it alone.. there is a newly developed pasture that was just seeded this year with no cattle on it and thats where this bad boy will be. I just fine tuned it and added a burlap window blind or screen and some rope handles. Everyone that has seen it wants me to build them one. It only took about 6 hours or so but the downfall is I have around 200 in material wrapped up. With leftovers from this one I would have half that in the next one. Like I said im gonna field test this one before I drop anymore money.
    "LEARN FROM THE DEER YOU HUNT" NOT THE OUTDOOR CHANNEL !!!

That is a really neat idea!!! That would be a great blind to use in an open field when predator hunting too!
    Enjoy your hunt- the long sit......... the cold.......the rain and snow......the peace and quiet, it may just be your last hunt........... you never know.

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Holla View Post
    Damn, that thing is sweet!! That has got to be one of the best ideas and projects I have seen in a while!

+ 1 I agree

That's an awesome blind. Good luck with it this year.
    "All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us. They can't get away this time."
    LtGen Lewis B. “Chesty” Puller - USMC

Nice! I think you might have a large market for those if it pans out for you!

on the "round" part of it. did you use any plywood or anything like that? Or is it just 2x2's spaced fairly close together? I've been thinking of building something like this but haven't decide for sure how to do it....

Thread Information