Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How to keep a trophy buck around

Man that is my type of buck i like em wide when i can get em! we have alot of high racks here it seems.I used to feed 365 days a year I have full time night and day security cameras out 1200 feet of burried cable to the house on its own tv. till the corn went crazy not to hunt off of just to keep track, i feel your pain , here is what i have seen , I would have 12 bucks or better all year long coming and the week before season GONE , and the sad part is i may get to see one of them in season, hopefully he is the dominant buck in your area , Size doesnt matter who the Bully is , is the problem .The most aggressive will be the boss and that is what you are left with, and it sux sometimes. When they get to breaking up the Bully wins. I really hope for you that he hangs around , he is very nice, But i also hunt farm land area, and they do cut wood, If the deer are raised around that it doesnt effect them, now a hunter doing different things will.That is what they notice the most odd activity . Just always keep in mind , you are entering their living room , they know where every chair is setting and how they smell. Just keep that in mind and act accordingly and you will do fine. I do agree you know he is there move the camera out , If he is coming to the area where the camera is in the wee hours of the AM you will need to think about where he may be in the daylight to get to that area.Dont get in his bedroom, its way to late for that but get as close as you safely can , thats the hard part. Good Luck and keep us updated on that boy.

Why you werent kidding were you. Great buck. Hunt elsewhere early season-oct then once nov comes around slip in on him.

Thank you again for all of your suggestions - Its been over a week since I check my camera last, I plan to go in the morning to retreive it and move it to the other side of the property. I also plan to put a little more corn out with some wildgame acorn rage. I have my stand up in the area and measured the distance from my stand to where the trail comes into the area. I have been practicing that shot every day! The property, where im hunting is only 23 acres surrounded with a lot of roads and houses, and unforantily I am right on the property line and am unable to move closer to his bedding area.. Hopefully my next photos will have him around a little more during the daylight areas - that is if he's still around! I will give you all an update along with some more photos..hopefullly.. tomorrow.

Big guys is still around!

Big guy is still around! Went and check my camera this past Saturday and for 4 days straight he showed up around 6:30-7 pm and stayed around until 1-2 a.m. I really think that I'm hunting his bedding area?!? However, I did not see him the last 2 days before I went to check the camera. The corn was completely gone and I think that kept him from coming back..hopefully. I put down more corn with some more acorn rage - hopefully that will keep him around. I know some of you advised in taking down the camera but I just couldn't do it! I have to see for myself if the big guy is still hanging around. I'm going back to check again on Thursday (4 days since the last time I checked) to put down more corn and check my camera. If he is still there I am going to remove the camera and keep quite until opening day. Any thoughts? Am I doing the right thing? Thank You.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SUNP0007.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	102.5 KB 
ID:	8864Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SUNP0009.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	100.7 KB 
ID:	8865Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SUNP0013.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	99.4 KB 
ID:	8866Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SUNP0189.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	80.1 KB 
ID:	8867Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SUNP0262.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	81.1 KB 
ID:	8868

very nice!

Do you think this deer could score a 180?

Kill this stud on opening day. If he's coming in every day (or close to) you gotta give it a try. They are in their feeding patterns and he hopefully wont be pressured to change his routine. If you can get in with the wind right and not alert him, you got him.

By the way, I'm showing him measuring 156" gross and 147" net using buckscore for what it's worth.

I really hope you get a shot! Double the bait, hunt the wind and kill him the first day!

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
    2013-2014 Tally
    Antlered deer seen under 60 yards: 0
    Antlerless deer seen under 60 yards: 6
    Total deer seen:11
    Deer killed:0/ Deer Missed:0
    Morning hunts:2
    Evening hunts:6
    Property/Hunts B:2, F:2, M:10, S:0, R:0

Hey Guys - I'm a little worried. I went and check my camera today and to put out more corn and I have no photos of the big guy. It's been over a week since I've seen him last. Any ideas or anything I can do? THanks

Thread Information