I have 2 very large Red oaks on my property,most years Red oak are very prolific.2 years ago there were so many the ground was covered,last year ...zero.This year I see there are some very good size acorns,but not many.Chestnut oaks have very small green acorns,but very few.White oak have none at all.Beech have a scant few nuts as well.Lucily most farmers in my area have a decent corn crop thanks to thunder storms that happened this summer.Beans have also done well.Imo forested areas away from farmland will have a poor mast crop again this year but better than last year.If you find the acorns you will find the deer.Last year when there were no acorns the deer stayed closer to fields and low brush to browse, which was a tough way for me to hunt cuz most of my hunting is in wooded areas.I have heard that Ohio was hit a little harder than Pa as far as the heat and drought went this summer.I havent heard too much on that yet here but it is still early and alot of guys havent put summer away yet.