Thread: Scouting the Wayne NF last thursday,and friday.

Scouting the Wayne NF last thursday,and friday.

Me and my son Austin went on a small road trip last Thursday and Friday on a scouting trip to the Wayne NF. We found some awsome spots with alot of action now. Not alot of acorns but more than last year. We road around every evening glassing and saw on average 65 deer each evening. 8 really nice bucks all over 150 and one pushing 175+. alot of 120-130 inch bucks more than I have ever seen this time of year. I hope thats a good sign of the crop of deer were gonna have this year. I have a couple small private farms I hunt we left alone but I know theres gonna be a couple real good bucks there every year these farms are my goto places to hunt, last year I saw 2 180+ on back to back days, and saw 13 different buck that week with the smallest being around the 130s. Its what i tell my buds CHADS RIDGE. Good luck to everyone this year and stay safe.

Chad Tomlin

That's unbelievable...really

I.m headed down this Nov to hunt wnf for the first time. I did get a chance to scout last Mar and have a few areas in my GPS to go to and start. So chad, thanks for the post. It gives me more confidence in my chance's. Sometime's I have second thoughts in traveling so far, spending money and time. I know the deer are there and after reading your sitings Nov can't come guick enough. good luck to you and everyone else also.
    what goes around, comes around. (I sure do hope so)!!

Thanks for the report!

Sounds likeyou found em. Certainly plenty of area in WNF. Good luck.
    "There are hundreds of millions of gun owners in this country, and not one of them will have an accident today. The only misuse of guns comes in environments where there are drugs, alcohol, bad parents, and undisciplined children. Period." -Ted Nugent

Chad,

Sounds like an awesome scouting trip. Good luck to you and your son this season.

Thanks guys This will be my 3rd year hunting those hill country bucks up there and I have to say it's been a challenge but I think I have finally figured them out. Good luck to all you guys and girls on here this hunting season and hopefully I will get the chance to be grouped up with some of you in the hunting challenge.

Thread Information