Thread: Getting things set up

Getting things set up

Tanner and I went up and started getting everything ready for opening day. Taking a different approach with this area this year. First off, this will be the first year hunting out of a blind. Im wanting to start taking my son, so we figured a blind would work out the best for us. Theres already a stand up from last year, and everything is still good with it (for the days Im there alone). I am already planning on putting in a small plot here next year, but today we cleared alot of it out. There was already a good opening on one side, but now we have a lil more than 1/4 acre cleared..Not sure if I really messed this area up by cutting so many trees out, but its early, and I plan on putting some corn out this week. I figured if anything, the deer will be eating all the leaves off of the trees that I piled up.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo_3.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	39.3 KB 
ID:	8774Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo_4.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	36.1 KB 
ID:	8775Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo_7.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	36.5 KB 
ID:	8776

just a quick question how did you clear area for food plots and did you have the ph level tested before planting ? As i am wanting to put one in

Quote Originally Posted by 00buck View Post
    just a quick question how did you clear area for food plots and did you have the ph level tested before planting ? As i am wanting to put one in
    Last year I went up and sprayed the area with a product called Ground Clear (got it from Lowes). I started with an area that was about 20 yards by 20 yards last year. It had grass, briars, and many smaller trees. Used the chain saw to cut them down, drug them out by hand. Where I sprayed everything, it pretty much had everything down to the ground this year. All I had to do was just get the trees out. Now I have about a 40 yard wide, 60 yard long opening. Havent planted anything yet, that will be this spring, but I will test the ph of the ground.

throw some rye down, that would get them some green to chew on

Quote Originally Posted by MICH View Post
    throw some rye down, that would get them some green to chew on
    Rye? Can you ellaborate?

Thread Information