Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ready For Season!!!!!

Done & Ready. Never been more prepared than I am this season

I'm hunting a new area this season (just moved to Wayne County)

I've been scouting off and on for the past two months but now I'm starting to get serious.
    Shooting every night (compound and xbow)

I was out shooting the new bow again today. Inside of thirty yards, I am extremely accurate. 30 yards and out my shots begin wandering around the black with a few in the black every now and then. My buddy was with me and he was watching me real close trying to pinpoint my problem. When I get out to the longer ranges for some reason I grip the bow alot tighter than I normally do. He said relax the grip and that pretty much solved the problem. It was getting darker though about that time so I didn't get to shoot much after that. I was amazed though how just relaxing the grip the grouping in the black came back just like that.

Yeah I am ready have stands up lanes cut minerals out have to pull cards from cameras tomorrow

Not as ready as I wish I was at this point of time. But, like every year, I'm late, and then tell myself I will get out earlier come next year. Never happens. One set of stands up at property 1. Need to set stands at property 2 still. PROCRASTINATION...

I plan on getting my butt out there earlier come next year!
    2010 Hoyt Maxxis 31 29" Draw | 65# Draw Weight
    Lotus 3-Pin | QAD Ultra-Rest PRO HD | Fuse 8" Stabalizer | Fuse Satori 5 Arrow Quiver | G5 Peep | TruBall Release | Gold Tip XT Hunter 7595 | G5 T3 100gr.

Not even close to ready. I have a couple stand locations picked out I just need to get out when the conditions are right and start hanging some. Been shooting a few nights a week and feel very good out to thirty. I'll back off the weight on the bow alittle bit and sight in again next week. Need to get clothes, safety gear, and stands inspected and ready for deployment. Think I'll work on that now.

Im past ready im like a kid at Christmas waiting for the parents to wake up and open my presents cant wait to get out there, blinds are up clothes are washed and ready now just waiting on September 29 since im off of work. Good luck to all on your first hunts.

I am basically 9 days and a few hours away until I will be on stand. Besides checking over all my equipment and making sure I have everything ready to go here is what my schedule will be like over that time frame. Target practice Thursday, check camera's on Friday. More target practice on Saturday and Monday. Target practice and check camera's on Next Thursday. Then, I will be in the stand about 6:20 AM, Saturday the 29th!!!!!! I'm not real sure what stand I will be in yet but depending on what I see or don't see on the camera's that may dictate where I sit. Good luck this season to all my fellow hunters and team mates!!!!!

S.E.Michigan to live & S.E. Ohio to dream
    Stands are all set down there, lanes are trimmed as much as they can be, food plots are in and growing, access routes are all cleaned out and ready, etc.. Now it's just shoot....shoot.....and shoot some more!! Glad I was able to get my bow cranked back up to where I was last season after having my neck surgery. That was my biggest concern this year. Just got to get all my clothing and boots washed and smoked up and I'll be ready to go.

Senior Member mrsohiobuckhunter's Avatar
    we just put up our last stand yesterday, last mineral rock aswell. and pulled our cameras. now all thats left to do is stay out, wait, and anticipate

Thread Information