Thread: Ready For Season!!!!!

Hybrid View

coming down this weekend to make trails, food plots ( got a 45 hp jd with loader & 6 ft. tiller,...fun,fun ) also putting out a feeder for the first time down there....neighbor has seen 4 bucks over 170....when a local calls them HUGE i pay attention...have a safe weekend

not even close to being ready i have to get bow sighted back in as i had it turned up 8 pounds and shooting different arrows and still have to finish cutting lanes on one more stand and make a quite entry way into another stand any ideas on that would be great it is gull of tall grass and saplings

Is it the end of September yet? I feel like it's been September for the past 4 weeks and the outdoor channel is not helping constantly airing bow hunting shows.

well I am not ready at all, and really its cause I just don't have the motivation as in past yrs
    minus doing the food plots, I more or less have nothing else ready
    all the stands need trimming, plus a good 7-8 stands to hang , and none of my gear is dug out yet
    I have shot some, but not as in past yrs
    just don't have the drive anymore
    don't even care if I kill a deer again this yr
    will get out there but ?????

I will be checking the camera's again sometime this week. I will be posting any good pics if I get any.

Setting up next sat. Going to be on the ground most of the time this year with my son. We have a couple camera out just to take a look with some good results. Has anyone hunted out of a double ladder stand? Thinking about putting one out in a heavier traveled area.

I checked the camera's on Friday. The one camera isn't working very well but the other one seems to be doing a little better. I got a pic of a nice crab claw 10 point. He does look a little young though. I think he is 2 1/2, possibly 3 1/2. Once I get the pic posted you guys can look at him and tell me what you think. It is also just a profile pic (broadside view) so it's hard to judge what he might score. From what I see of him he probably looks two years away from the hit list. Also, I had a nice treat show up on the cam. I have a piebald doe. If I get a chance at her, she will definitely be taking a dirt nap. I will work on getting these posted. Also, this year I decided to try putting in some small food plots for the first ever. I planted them Aug. 24th. I checked them the same time I checked my camera's. One looks to be doing really well. The other one looks good in some spots and not so good in other spots. So far I am happy with the results.

Thread Information