I guess my argument with the shotgun only comment is the fact that some people, and I stress some people, tend to hail mary rounds out to passing deer, whether they're walking, running, standing, or not even sure if it's a deer. Yeah I know that shotguns can go up to 200 yards but it's the comfort level that when you go out to the range with a rifle and shoot a 1 inch group at 200 yards compared to going to the range with a shotgun and shooting a 16 inch group with a shotgun at 200 yards. I guess i'm arguing against myself b/c the ppl that are flailing bullets out there long distance at moving deer, do they even really care about comfort or just the kill? And another point i'm saying for shotguns is that the deer has to be somewhat closer and also that gives the hunter a better glance to size up the deer before taking the shot.

I remember when I was 16 and was the first rifle season i could hunt by myself, i was so excited, and I always saw deer in this area every year but it was the fact I was by myself taht I was so stoked for, long story short i saw nothing all evening and an hour before shooting closed I saw a deer and shot and when I got to it, it was a button buck. It was as if I gut shot a buck with a bow, i was dissapointed in myself and embarrassed to take it home to my dad because I didn't want him to seem like i had bad judgement since it was my first time out on my own.