Thread: Antler Restrictions

Hybrid View

I agree, my huntin g camp is on a 25,000 acre chunk of land they needs more timber harvested, as like your place just no browse a deer can reach anymore, all grown timber

I am in the oil drilling prime area, and they were SO quick to allow them on the lands there wasn't funny, they were no lie following the oil trucks about asking who to talk to about getting drilling done!

like WTF, log make money and do the wildlife some good
    don't get it its like it costs them money to timber the way they look at it or something
    timber companys will pay good money and do ONLy as they want no problems asked, even fix roads to do it

lazy bunch of folks in my book, I sold lic's for 10+ yrs, had to deal with a ton of game wardens in PA, and they all were sorry to say more or less all jerks
    I have traveled to many states hunting and every single warden I ever meet out of state was so nice compared to our people
    they seemed just too gald to talk to you like a person, and not a criminal tryin g to fine you for something like here in PA

they need to work on wildlife and people skilss if you ask me here in PA
    A shame, we should have such awesome hunting here with all the lands we have too!

Well said MRBB,and thanks for the reply folks.
    I DO think PGC needs to learn better management practices,but I think everyone knew this would be a controversy.It seems as though they are getting a better understanding of how to manage certain areas but have alot more to learn.I have always hunted and still do hunt public land.Deer hunting has changed so very dramatically here it is unbelievable!...YES deer numbers are down but look at license sales,they are wayyyy down.Even doe tags were very slow selling this year.In 5c there are (last count)still 80.000 left.What I'm getting at is less licensed hunters=less money in the tills and a weaker voice for ppl that do hunt.License sales have dropped every year since the masscree of 01 and 02.Hunters that go hunting and hardly ever see game get discouraged and stop hunting.Todays youth that hunt is a very small percentage.Thats why the PGC has opened up many more opportunities for mentored hunting.I agree totally!!
    Without hunters the sport will fizzle and may only be for the rich
    As for the timber sales I can say that I have seen alot of timber cut lately.I hunt Bradys lake area and pocono lakes also near the pocono racetrack, many acres have been cut.
    I cannot compare Pa to Ohio,but I will be making my first trip to the S.E.area the 2nd week of Oct.I have not decided exactly where yet but am thinking about Wayne forest.Yes,I am depending on going public land but from what I have heard ppl in Ohio are good friendly ppl!

well I agree, lic sales are WAY down in pa, some 250, 00 from the glory yrs, and why the PGC is crying about funds, as Lic sales fund there pay checks

BUT hey they did it to themselves in my eye's

they let the game disappear siting on there hind ends when things were good, and waited too long to notice

and who wants to pay for a lic to hunt less game and lower quality game than you can else where
    PA right now is at its best chance for BIG buck than ever in my opinion, but I won't say the state had that in mind
    its just a by product of a crash that happened to the herd
    I have gone to many PGC public meetings and meet with a lot of sportsman groups

they dodge real questions like crazy if you ask, always asking to speak after a meeting

they don't like being called out on there mistakes nor seem to take any responsibity for there actions

I always ask them about the pheasants we used to have, and how its NOT there fault they disappeared here

they blame everyone but them selves

hell way I see it, there JOB was to protect wildlife Game in PA, so when it dis appears, who else is at fault!!
    like come on, if anyone tries to kill a wild critter with out a lic they will fine the crap out of you claiming the critters are there's

but when one dis appears some how its not there fault!!

mrbb,
    I most certainly agree. As of the pheasants it is the most laughable waste of money in my mind to stock pheasants to make it like the good old days for 3 days. I would rather see them shut down the pheasant season, create the habitat and reintoduce the wild pheasant to self sustainable levels. They did it with the turkey and elk why not the pheasants? There is to much money wasted on the pheasant stocking but if they want to continue to do that make the people that want to hunt the pheasants but a stamp for that. At least that portion will be partially funded if the PGC wants to continue to stock. In the 14 years I have hunted in PA I havnt seen one pheasant so stock as much as they want the farm raised pheasants arent making it more then a few hours into the season and that is a waste.
    “I don't partake in assembly-line convenience. I don't say that killing things is bad while I hire people to kill things for me.” ~ Ted Nugent

Thread Information