Hello Teej89 I'm definatly not a authority on this subject but I have been hunting Ohio for the last 3 years all public land and I have definayly had some highs and lows. First the first year was just trial and error I didnt know anything about hunting that type of ground. I'm from Va. all we have is swamps and cutovers very little open hardwoods. That first year I saw 13 different bucks and the smallest in the 140 range,although I didnt harvest a deer that year I had a great year, seeing 2 of the biggest bucks I have ever seen. I was hooked. The next 2 years were not so good, weather was horriable hunted some new terrian that was knarly and back breaking I didnt see as many bucks I did harvest a couple nice 8 pointers, I got hung up hunting 1 buck and with the combination of weather and wind He won. The best advice I can give you is decide what area of public land you want to hunt and get topo maps and study them, If you have the time take a couple trips there preseason and scout so when you get there to hunt your not plundering around trying to hunt and scout at the same time. I'm actually headed to Ohio next week to scout and GPS different stands so I will have multiple stand placements, because what i have found is the weather up there is very unpredictable and I pay alot of attention to the wind. I'm not familiar with the Dillon area I hunt southern Ohio in the Wayne National Forest. If you have any questions feel free to give me a call 757-653-6336.

Chad