Thread: fletchings helical or 4 deg. offset??

fletchings helical or 4 deg. offset??

well im going to get new arrows this weekend and trying to decide what i want with the fletchings, ive always shot straight but thinking about trying soemthing different...do any of you shoot helical or 4 degree offset and what do you think about them???
    Elite Pure 30" 60lb
    G5 XR2 sight
    Quad HD drop away
    Easton bloodlines 400
    muzzy 3 blade 100gr

What type of vanes are you going with? But any ways I usually run 2-4 degrees of offset with my arrows and it seems to do a good job stabelizing the arrow with out creating excessive drag. If you are going to use blazers or a short vane then helical will be diffiicult to get to stick
    “I don't partake in assembly-line convenience. I don't say that killing things is bad while I hire people to kill things for me.” ~ Ted Nugent

I like a helical fletch with 4 inch feathers. I'm still old school i guess. My son shoots Blazers with a slight offset. Both shoot well. Shoot what you like.
    "There are hundreds of millions of gun owners in this country, and not one of them will have an accident today. The only misuse of guns comes in environments where there are drugs, alcohol, bad parents, and undisciplined children. Period." -Ted Nugent

Thread Information