Thread: Mock Scrape Question

Mock Scrape Question

I am curious if any of you have had any luck with mock scrapes? I want to try it but don't know much about it. When would be a good time to make one? Any products that are better than others?
    My Church is the woodlands and waterways, in them I have never felt closer to God.

Genesis 27:3

Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;

to make one all i do is find a good overhanging branch and scrape it out with your boot ...put nothing in it ...make these about every 25 yards ....wait a few days and check back ...some of them will will get taken over by a buck\bucks ...last year i made about 15 and i think 8 of them got taken over by bucks ...this year we have the tools\ funds available to us to will have some trail camera video of some scrape action ...good luck ...

Thanks for the response. What is the best time to make these mock scrapes?
    My Church is the woodlands and waterways, in them I have never felt closer to God.

Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;

first week of October is when i start mine

Use a stick to rake the leaves and grass away, make sure you have a licking branch (if not make one), don't stink the area all up with your scent, make them in range of a stand, sometime in early to mid October, use some buck scent if anything. Good luck.

Thanks Blackbeard. I might try some of the Code Blue products for the scrapes.

buy a scent dripper, and fill it with what ever you like to try, they are made to drip in Daylight hrs

over the yrs I have tried many scrape set up and placed a cam over them, for months at a time

to me there very hit and miss, but have gotten pic's of good bucks checking them,
    I HIGHLY suggest you place it some place you can get in and out of without getting busted, and has a very HIGH rate of deer being in the area

more deer near it to start with the more deer that will check it out!, or thats my experience

hate to say it but field edges at night are best , but don't do you really any good to hunt over

second best is just inside a field edge , in a staging area before deer come out to feed
    seen one scrape in a set up like that get visited by 15 dufferebnt bucks in one evening !, but sadly all were just very small young bucks, no shooters to me any how!

Thread Information