Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Monster Raxx is in!!!!!

Monster Raxx is in!!!!!

I just got my 5 bags in. I will be putting a mineral site in today and I will be moving one stand site. I will post pictures later.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	monster raxx.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	94.0 KB 
ID:	8567

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mraxx2.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	63.8 KB 
ID:	8576Click image for larger version. 

Name:	broom3.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	67.9 KB 
ID:	8579Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mraxx1.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	65.5 KB 
ID:	8575Click image for larger version. 

Name:	broom.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	83.9 KB 
ID:	8577Click image for larger version. 

Name:	broom2.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	76.1 KB 
ID:	8578Attachment 8571Attachment 8572Attachment 8573Attachment 8574Here is a shot of the mineral site. The 2nd shot you can see the mineral site up close. I have a stand in the big tree in the back middle tree which is about 25 yards off the mineral site. The other 3 shots are of a stand I relocated about thirty yards due to all the activity I saw in this particular area. The stand by the mineral site is called the Big Oak stand. The other stand site we named the Boiler Room.

Live in Akron and hunt mostly in Carroll County
    Looks good. I've found mineral sites are great for checking herd inventory with my cameras. But, hunting over them has proved to be fruitless for me. I placed my sites in areas with heavily used trails as you have done. Just seems that once the velvet is gone the bucks vacate the sites.
    I may be opinionated...but, my opinion is the only one that matters anyway.

S.E.Michigan to live & S.E. Ohio to dream
    Thanks for sharing your pics!! Looks like a nice place and sure hope the Monster RAXX pays off for ya! You hang a trail cam over it at all???

I will be putting the camera's on that site and another site this weekend. I can't wait to start seeing the pictures.

I am going to try and get out Thursday and put in 2 more mineral sites. Then I will only have 2 more stands to move, create one more mineral site, and put in my first food plot. Then, I will sit, wait, collect pictures from my cameras, and be in a stand on September 29th dark and early. Can't wait!!!!!

is sept 29th the opening day of bow season this year? I called odnr and they told me they didnt know an exact date yet just wondering so i can get day off work

Yes, September 29th is opening day!!!!!

I'm sure you guys know things don't always go as planned. I did not get back out to do anymore yet. So, here is my new plan. Today I plan on hanging 2 camera's, putting in 2 mineral sites, possibly 3 if time permits.I am also going to look over the area I want to put a food plot in and see what it looks like. I need to fix a strap on one stand and take down one that needs some serious repair on it. Then on another day I have 2 stands I want to move and if I don't get that 3rd mineral site in today I will do it then. Lat but not least I need to plan when I want to try and get the food plot in.

Live in Akron and hunt mostly in Carroll County
    Sounds like you plan to be ready by opening day. The preperation is fun in my opinion. I like your style. Hope your hard work pays big dividends.
    I may be opinionated...but, my opinion is the only one that matters anyway.

Thread Information