I've used blinds for the last 3 years with decent success. I use treestands too but last year I got one deer on public land in Ohio and my fall turkey (we have a fall turkey season in NH) from a ground blind. You have to ask yourself how you are going to use the blind and how much room do you need. If you are going to set it up and leave it all year I suggest a spring type blind. These look like bubbles and are held up with tent poles. Ameristep makes a small one called the doghouse blind which is pretty cheap ($60-$80). I have shot a deer out of this blind with a bow but I find it a little tight. I use mine now as a gun blind. The bigger version is the Penthouse blind. This thing is huge. You can take standing bow shots from it and it's got a ton of room. I set up one of these out behind my house and I leave it out for the entire year. I've actually had me and both my boys in it at the same time and still had plenty of room. This one costs $150 - $200. Lastly I have an Ameristep Brickhouse blind (costs around $100). This is a hub blind and its the one I use when I'm moving around. Hub blinds are the easiest to set up and take down and they are light enough to carry on a long hike. These are great for hunting public land and any other place you have to pack your gear in and out all the time.