Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hang on stands

Quote Originally Posted by mrbb View Post
    well safest, lots of them are all about teh same if you ask me
    I think most folks hang them too long, most stand MFG's tell you not to leave a loc on on a tree for more than like week at a time
    I know few folks that do that
    most I know add a second ratchet strap to add some protection
    over the yrs I know I have used the doudle strap for piece of mind
    and over the yrs I have made custom brases , a simple piece of metal to run across the stands backing and then lag bolt it all to the tree, on private lands I have permission, as both a safety measure and well, a way to keep stands from walking away

as for hanging stands, last several yrs I have brought in a ladder to hang them, safest easiest way I know how, and then put in steps or a ladder or ?? to get in and out also with the ladder

I have found that simply mounting a ladder on my ATV, I can carry everything easy and all at once, and
    having the ladder i get to see what the view is like before i commit to hanging a stand

good luck, and have a safe season!
    Fantastic advice about mounting the ladder to the ATV, or UTV in my case! Kind of a "DOH! Why didn't I think of that" moment!
    Sword Accusite Apex
    Timberline No-Peep
    Tight-Spot Quiver
    Whisker Biscuit

Excalibur ExoMax
    Hawke 3x32
    HSS Tree Stalker

Get something you like in your price range. I will overlook some safety aspects because I wear a harness. Wearing a safety harness should be your number one concern if you don't already. Just my .02

Thread Information