Thread: Looking for new taxidermy

Looking for new taxidermy

Hey guys I am looking for a new taxidermist hopefully for this fall. My current taxidermist does great work but still has not completed my buck from 2010. I am looking for a reputable place around the Union/Delaware county area. Any help with this is greatly appreciated!
    Hoyt Maxxis 31

Central Flyway in Westerville does all my work. Talk to Ernie
    Don't ever let the truth get in the way, of a good story

Thanks for the help. I hate to leave mine but still not having it back and approaching two years us ridiculous. I even got it to him on November 14th before the gun rush
    Hoyt Maxxis 31

If your talking about North American Taxidermy you better get on the ball and pay him a visit. I have been dealing with the same thing and got mine back last week from 2010. Just one big sob story and lie after another. When i finailly got it back the work has gone way down hill and my mount looked like and rookie done it. I have used tom for 15 years and never thought i would see work like this and to top it off it wasnt even my cape. Never will i ever use him again. He has lost my bussiness and all my respect. I honestly dont see him being in bussiness much longer.. He says he dont have the money to finish the mounts and it took me paying in him in full in july to get him to finish my head last week. Wow what a loss cause he used to do excellent work!!!

Its a little drive from you, but I take mine down to Derry Null just east of Zanesville. He's done awesome work for me in the past ('05 & '10). Quick turn around. The '10 buck was in a month. I'm not sure of the process, and some have said that a month turnaround is sketchy, but, I've had no issues with mine what so ever, they are extremely good looking, and he is constantly packed with people taking theirs to him. My ex-neighbor has taken 20 to him over the years, they are all still remarkable.

I live in Knox, so it's a drive for me as well, but worth every penny in gas. I'm sure there are others, but, once you find the 'honey hole' you like to stick with it.

Good luck.
    2010 Hoyt Maxxis 31 29" Draw | 65# Draw Weight
    Lotus 3-Pin | QAD Ultra-Rest PRO HD | Fuse 8" Stabalizer | Fuse Satori 5 Arrow Quiver | G5 Peep | TruBall Release | Gold Tip XT Hunter 7595 | G5 T3 100gr.

www.robstaxidermy.org
    Glad to help you out!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Customer Buck.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	3.5 KB 
ID:	9090 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rob's Buck.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	4.0 KB 
ID:	9091

Marvin Augsburger in Beaverdam. Price is fair and does great work.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails barney buck.jpg  

I will also suggest Derry Null in Zanesville. I use to live in the Newark/Licking County area so it wasnt too far but there were people closer. I have had 2 done there and both look excellent. Very quick too.....1-2 months.

Thread Information