Thread: Need suggestions for arrows and broadheads.

Need suggestions for arrows and broadheads.

Getting all new gear tomorrow for my new Hoyt Vector 32. I need suggestions on equipment. I think I have decided on a sight and rest. Just need some suggestions on arrow shafts and broadhead. Brand, weights etc.

well with arrows theres alot that comes into play..what straightness do you want, your draw length, draw weight, do ya want more speed vs pennetration, etc...when you go to the shop tomorrow just let the guy know exactly what your looking for and he will tell you the exact arrow you need
    Elite Pure 30" 60lb
    G5 XR2 sight
    Quad HD drop away
    Easton bloodlines 400
    muzzy 3 blade 100gr

this is a loaded question, as so many things can take you one way or the other based on set up and your opinions of what you like dis like

I'm old school, I still shoot aluminum arrows on my Bow, and well, if i can get fixed heads to fly prefer them, have had best luck past few yrs with 100 grain shuttle T broadheads ( http://www.trophytaker.com/shuttle_t_lock.aspx )

but out of my X bow, I use carbon bolts and am using rage 125 grain X bow heads, they just fly the best for me

MY suggestion is simply buy what you like for a good name sourse, and try them, with your set up

having faith in what you shoot and them flying out of your set up is always the way to go, shot placement is more important than any name brand item you will use!

tons of great products out there, but finding what works with your set up and you like is key if you ask me!
    good luck

Hudson, Ohio I hunt mostly in Jefferson County
    The arrows I am shooting right now are Cabela's Stalkers. They are O.K., but there are certainly better ones out there. I have had good luck with carbon express in the past. I use Mangus Stingers for my broadhead (100 gr). I have heard too many horror stories with machanicals not opening.

i have a hoyt avenger 31.5..63lb pull shoot whitetail extreme 2960 w muzzy 3blade 100grain. beautiful

Quote Originally Posted by buckeye96 View Post
    The arrows I am shooting right now are Cabela's Stalkers. They are O.K., but there are certainly better ones out there. I have had good luck with carbon express in the past. I use Mangus Stingers for my broadhead (100 gr). I have heard too many horror stories with machanicals not opening.
    I find it funny when people talk about the horror stories of mechanical broad heads not opening. In my short hunting career I have never had one fail. But more to the point I don't know anyone personally that has had one fail either. I have heard the stories about it. I realize as with anything mechanical it can fail. But as long as you take care of your equipment and check it before use you should be fine. Don't let these stories discourage you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Quote Originally Posted by Mightymet View Post
    I find it funny when people talk about the horror stories of mechanical broad heads not opening. In my short hunting career I have never had one fail. But more to the point I don't know anyone personally that has had one fail either. I have heard the stories about it. I realize as with anything mechanical it can fail. But as long as you take care of your equipment and check it before use you should be fine. Don't let these stories discourage you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    All I've ever used were mechanical broadheads and I haven't had an issue. With all the horror stories you would think that 1 in 4 completely fall apart in flight which isnt true. The argument that everything mechanical will fail at some time is just funny since look at the compound bows the same people are shooting these days. With that argument everything should fail and they should be shooting a trad bow with fixed heads. Ok whatever I'm way off topic now. I like mechanicals and 3 blade rages to be more exact. Every deer I have put them in has gone less them 50 yards.
    “I don't partake in assembly-line convenience. I don't say that killing things is bad while I hire people to kill things for me.” ~ Ted Nugent

Thread Information