Athletic Greens
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another Chance

Oh yea very nice buck for sure, I was just wondering if you took your blind in and out with you,due the the distance away from home factor. Here are a few tips if you have to setup each time you are there and thought i may pass them along due to deer needing to get used to blinds stands etc. ahead of time for the best chance at them especially a mature deer. If you think this may benefit you in your situation, try it , stake a section of camo cloth , 2 sides a 90 degree works best where you plan to set your blind , set it up like an inside corner so when you roll in you just pop the blind up and set it right inside the walls , the 2 sides give the deer time to look it over , and when you place the blind in front of it , they dont notice any change , and if someone wants to steal your cloth so be it you still have your blind safe and sound. Maybe this will help you i dont know , you know what you have seen out of the deer and if new things bother them.
    "He is no fool who gives up what he can not keep,
                To gain what he can not lose."

Live in Akron and hunt mostly in Carroll County
    Leaving up the burlap is a good idea. My box stands are permanant and stay in place all year. My favorite stand was made from an old portable toilet. I've taken a good number of deer out of it. The other stand is a stand that my dad uses during gun season.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails stand5.jpg   dadsstand1.jpg   winterstand.jpg  
    I may be opinionated...but, my opinion is the only one that matters anyway.

Those look great , I too wondered where i could land an ole craper.
    "He is no fool who gives up what he can not keep,
                To gain what he can not lose."

Thread Information