Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another Chance

Oh yea very nice buck for sure, I was just wondering if you took your blind in and out with you,due the the distance away from home factor. Here are a few tips if you have to setup each time you are there and thought i may pass them along due to deer needing to get used to blinds stands etc. ahead of time for the best chance at them especially a mature deer. If you think this may benefit you in your situation, try it , stake a section of camo cloth , 2 sides a 90 degree works best where you plan to set your blind , set it up like an inside corner so when you roll in you just pop the blind up and set it right inside the walls , the 2 sides give the deer time to look it over , and when you place the blind in front of it , they dont notice any change , and if someone wants to steal your cloth so be it you still have your blind safe and sound. Maybe this will help you i dont know , you know what you have seen out of the deer and if new things bother them.

Live in Akron and hunt mostly in Carroll County
    Leaving up the burlap is a good idea. My box stands are permanant and stay in place all year. My favorite stand was made from an old portable toilet. I've taken a good number of deer out of it. The other stand is a stand that my dad uses during gun season.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails stand5.jpg   dadsstand1.jpg   winterstand.jpg  
    I may be opinionated...but, my opinion is the only one that matters anyway.

Those look great , I too wondered where i could land an ole craper.

Thread Information