Athletic Greens
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another Chance

Live in Akron and hunt mostly in Carroll County

Another Chance

Pulled my card a while back and found a pleasant surprise. This was my target buck that I called Splitter last season. Notice his split right brow tine and the split in his left ear. Looks like I'll probably be chasing him again this fall. Going to be fun watching him develop. My first photo is of him last September. The second photo is of him a month ago.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PICT1964.jpg   PICT5797.jpg  
    I may be opinionated...but, my opinion is the only one that matters anyway.

S.E.Michigan to live & S.E. Ohio to dream
    Man that's good to hear he made it through everything! Keep us posted on how he's doing til you are sitting behind him holding him up!!
    Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
    - Thomas Edison

Sitting behind him is the idea. Making that happen is proving to be tough. I never layed eyes on this buck all last season. Hopefully this year works out a bit better.

well I hope that is him, and he's a lot bigger come fall than last yr for you, and this time he walks past you in range
    good luck

Great looking buck! Good luck getting after him in the fall. KB

Quote Originally Posted by mrbb View Post
    well I hope that is him, and he's a lot bigger come fall than last yr for you, and this time he walks past you in range
    good luck
    Definately the same buck. I had over 1000 photos of him last year. The split left ear is a dead giveaway. And the splitting right brow is another pretty positive sign of identification. We will see how well he develops by mid September.

well I didn't notice them details, but if thats so, he should b a dandy this fall, again best of luck
    and I hope you get mroe pic's too

Nice deer he should get a bit heavier too this year i would think. I see you hunt away from where you live , do you leave your blinds out all season or set up as you hunt?
    "He is no fool who gives up what he can not keep,
                To gain what he can not lose."

Good to hear he is still around. If he was that way in june he sure will be nice come September.

Quote Originally Posted by MQ1 View Post
    Nice deer he should get a bit heavier too this year i would think. I see you hunt away from where you live , do you leave your blinds out all season or set up as you hunt?
    I do almost all of my hunting on a small piece of property that I own. Unfortunately, my hunting area is over 50 miles from my home. I still manage to archery hunt this property 40 - 60 times per season. Almost all my stands are permanant box style stands. I do have two stands that are natural ground blinds and I will be hunting out of a pop up blind also at times this season. Every season I get to know this property and the deer living in the area a little better. I'm a hunter that prefers quality over quantity, so I pass quite a few deer every season. Here are a few more nice bucks that were hanging around my property last season. The second photo is a good photo of my target buck from last season.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails BTC027.jpg   BTC019.jpg   BTC028.jpg  

Thread Information