Thread: 3 blade vs 4 blade on x-bow

Hybrid View

I shoot the 150 grain Excalibur Bolt cutters. They fly very good out of my X-Bow. I haven't hunted with them yet. This year will be the year I try them out.

I too shoot the Rage X-Bow 125..........used to shoot Wasp Jack Hammers, and Before that Muzzy 3 blade 125 gr. Just as stated above spend the little extra money and shoot 3 or 4 diffrent brands and diffrent ranges. May be money well spent when a 175 class walks out and you know you can put it thru both lungs at what ever distance you are shooting at..............

I shoot the 100 grain Toxic broad head. It fly's straight and true for me with excellent penetration power. the only adjustment i made on target from field tips to the toxic broad head was it lowered my group about 1 inch. but it provides an excellent cutting diameter and drops deer fast. with a good shot they are always down within 40 yards.

I use the ThunderHead 125 bh and they fly tru for me in my ten point crossbow. I tried rage and almost lost a 10pt due to great blood trail at 1st then a drop here and there to nothing. I was lucky to find the deer. so I went back to my fixed 3 bladed 125's. I have been happy since then with the fixed 3 bladed bh.here is the 10pt I almost lost.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails untitled.jpg  

Thread Information