Thread: 3 blade vs 4 blade on x-bow

Hybrid View

3 blade vs 4 blade on x-bow

I have read on-line that the 3 blades fixed BH are more accurate out of a xbow due to the fact on a bolt there are three vanes. I currently shoot a 4 blade slick trick. I get decent groups out to about 30 yards, but after that it can vary. I am thinking about testing some montec and muzzy 3 blades to see how they group. Thoughts?

to me, every bow X bow , shoots different types of heads differently, and that is why I think everyone should shoot what they use at ranges they will shoot at deer, and I don't just mean one shot, but lots , and in winds too, to see how that effects there flights

I simply went to the Rage heads for my X bow, as I had too many troubles with fixed blades flying well all the time

I still test the rages at ranges i will shoot at a deer with them, and to date haven't had a single issue, I am using there 125 grain X bow head, its longer than the bow head they sell, not sure if that is why they fly so well or not for me , but its what I am using due to simply they fly so well, and I do trust them, so??
    I have tried many fixed heads too, some did better than others , but as consistant as the rages

not sure if that helps or not, but just my experience!

Live in Akron and hunt mostly in Carroll County
    I have found that the number of blades makes little difference in flight on my fixed blade broadheads with my crossbow. BUT, the cutting diameter makes a huge diference. I shoot the older model 100 grain 4 bladed Muzzys that have a one inch cutting diameter. When I tried any other fixed blade heads of larger diameter my accuracy fell a good bit. Heads with 1 1/4 inch or bigger cutting diameters were worthless for me. My crossbow is slow at around 235 fps so this may attribute to the results I've had.
    I may be opinionated...but, my opinion is the only one that matters anyway.

I shoot the 150 grain Excalibur Bolt cutters. They fly very good out of my X-Bow. I haven't hunted with them yet. This year will be the year I try them out.

I too shoot the Rage X-Bow 125..........used to shoot Wasp Jack Hammers, and Before that Muzzy 3 blade 125 gr. Just as stated above spend the little extra money and shoot 3 or 4 diffrent brands and diffrent ranges. May be money well spent when a 175 class walks out and you know you can put it thru both lungs at what ever distance you are shooting at..............

I shoot the 100 grain Toxic broad head. It fly's straight and true for me with excellent penetration power. the only adjustment i made on target from field tips to the toxic broad head was it lowered my group about 1 inch. but it provides an excellent cutting diameter and drops deer fast. with a good shot they are always down within 40 yards.

Thread Information