Thread: Needing a new lease

Needing a new lease

3 hunters maybe 4 looking for land to lease in Stark, Wayne, Carroll, Harrison, Tuscarawas, Coshocton or Guernsey County. Not sure what happened with our lease from last year, just found out we dont get it (others probably keeping it for themselves). So we're looking for something new. Very respectful, arent trophy hunters, utilize proper deer management (at least 4 yrs old before mature in our book). Wanting to get onto something fast. We arent looking for a 2 man spot as we like to bow hunt and work together. PM me with land you may have available, location and price. Thanks

Mike

well don't hve any lease's
    but keep an eye on Basecampleasing .com
    they seem to get and move a lot of lease's, and they list them by county
    I used to know the guy that ran it yrs ago, not sure if he still does, but he was a nice guy when I knew him, pretty honest and straight forward!
    good luck

Ya I've seen basecampleasing asking prices are Way over what they should be. I love to hunt but not paying $9000 for 100 acres.

well, sadly, what lease's go for, is based on what most folks are willing to pay
    plus quality of the lands leasing
    but I know for a fact there are lower costing lease's on that site
    you just have to sort through them
    and if you notice, lease's on there don't last long
    so its kinda proving the point of , when lease's are in demand, prices get out of control, sadly!
    If you have the notion, you can try placing an add in local newspapers in area's you would like to get one in
    that's been known to work over the yrs for some I know
    you can also, try going to local churches in the area's too, many folks still attend them, and many have bulliten boards you can place a add on
    and last, there is still a lot of great public lands in Ohio, and or can try knocking on doors now, and asking for permission to hunt, and or, maybe even to lease if they would allow!
    this IS the time of yr to be out asking
    most farmers have there crops in, and sprayed already, so there having a little more down time now than spring, and of course fall!
    best of luck to you
    hope this helps maybe!

Thanks for the help and advise. The thing I don't like about basecamp is they base their price off location and acreage. What sucks about that is, you can pay $2500 for 93 acres, but only 30 acres is woods or $3500 for 150 acres, but only 10 acres woods... Just not practical for what they are asking. Maybe if gun season was longer, but for bow hunting, it isn't going to work.

Well I hear you, but sadly that's the nature of the beast, it always goes by, typically, the size of the property, not the amount of huntable lands!
    have to some times look at it, if you had 20 a=res of woods and 50 acres of food, all on same property
    what good would the woods be without the food?
    so that is kinda why they lease it all as a whole
    some times you can ask about if they would, split the lands, but that's not a common deal in leasing
    the land owner wants to get paid for all or none most times, and then the leasing site, has to get there share
    but again, what Bob does on that site is ,honestly what most all do. Any that don't would to me be the odd one's
    not saying its right or wrong, just saying that's typically how it works in lease's from all I wver seen or knew about
    and again, there are great public lands in Ohio
    so many seem to think they need a lease or private land these days???

Thread Information