Thread: Tri Valley Wilderness Area

Tri Valley Wilderness Area

Our group has archery hunted the Salt Fork area for 1 week long trips the last 2 seasons without any luck...with the early muzzleloader season there in mid October it seems like the deer get nocturnal very quickly...looking to move from that area and heading a little NW...i was wondering if anybody had any info on the Tri Valley Wilderness Area...one question is it thick there like it is around Salt Fork where its almost impossible to walk around in the woods??? Any info on or around that area would be greatly appreciated...we just got back from a spring gobbler hunt from the Salt Fork area and had birds going every morning but they are very hard to get to or set up on because of the undergrowth...i'd like to find an area that is more open with hardwoods and a few thick spots...Thanks!
    Will hunt for food...will work for beer.
    Leave'r Right There!

TRY AEP GAVIN PUBLIC HUNTING IN MEIGS COUNTY ...WE HUNT ON PARTS OF IT ....THERE ARE SOME MONSTERS AND ALOT OF IT IS UNTOUCHED ...JUST GOTTA BE WILLING TO PUT IN SOME FOOTWORK...NO ATVS ALLOWED ...7,000 ACRES LOOK IT UP ..OH AND ITS BIG TALL TIMBER IN MOST SPOTS ...

Thanks for the info RCO...i'm definitey not afraid of the footwork...walked 4.2 miles on SF through crappy underbrush in 80 degree weather last sunday trying to strike up a gobbler...all i got was a few ticks! We checked out the AEP land south of cambridge last year and that was all open land from mining...not a bad place to hunt though if you like to stalk or sit in a ground blind i guess...we saw a few good bucks there and lots of turkeys.
    Leave'r Right There!

Also any places to stay out there cabin wise preferably not on state land???
    Leave'r Right There!

Tri Valley is also strip mine ground.

ok thanks for the info ranger...that's really not my kind of hunting ground...it can be good no doubt but i guess i'm used to the hills of PA hunting ridge lines and saddles during the rut...looking for some ground like that.
    Leave'r Right There!

Look into the AEP land and woodbury wildlife in coshocton county, about 45 min from salt fork

Quote Originally Posted by eubie View Post
    Look into the AEP land and woodbury wildlife in coshocton county, about 45 min from salt fork
    I would have to second that, the areas around the Conesville power plant produce some nice deer every year, as far as pressure there i can't help ya, got a couple of buddies that take nice deer there every year, but its like any public hunting ya gotta get off the beaten path
    no matter the language, everyone understands a punch in the mouth!

Woodberry is a nice size of public hunting we used to hunt there 2 years ago ... minimal pressure in bow season and just enough pressure in gun season to keep the deer running all day ....i say b+ hunting because every hunt there in gun season we had multiple shots on deer..and i know there are some booners off of the top side of the public by the power lines ......good luck

Thread Information