Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: what broadheads to use ?/

Ram cat!!! This will be my third year using them and LOVE them

For five years I shot the American broadhead sonic with a cutting edge of 7/8". They flew great and always had a complete pass threw with enough energy left to stick in the ground or a tree. Because of only a 7/8" cutting edge a marginal hit could be a problem. I feel I lost a few because of that. If only I could stop the marginal hits. We all know how that goes.
    So for the last two years I've shot the Rage expandable with a large cutting edge. They fly great an sure do cut a big hole but I have never had a complete pass threw. The arrow is always in the animal. Some have an exit hole some don't. My bow is plenty fast so that is not the problem. I also agree carrying your arrows in a quiver is different with an expandable. You have to take out the thick piece of foam that holds them secure so the heads don't deploy in your quiver. That can make the bow noisy when shooting. The only reason I'm still shooting the rage is I have not lost an animal that I've shot. Some of the blood trails have been thin but with patience I've found the animals. I guess I'm hard to satisfy. Still looking for the ultimate broadhead thats flies consistantly and keeps its energy.
    what goes around, comes around. (I sure do hope so)!!

Griz I think you should check out the ram cats. That's why I won't use the rage no chisel point and I know a TON of people that shoot forward or back just a little to far and have no pass thru in the sweet spot they are GREAT

I like the 125gr. Magnus Stingers lifetime warrenty, you can't beat that.

Chad

Trophy taker shuttle t locks! By far the toughest and fly very well.at least give them a try...

Thread Information