Athletic Greens

Thread: New Member

Hybrid View

Hello, my name is Brian. I live in the northern part of central ohio. I have never been bow hunting but I hope to go this year for deer season. I have wanted to bow hunt since I was a kid, but I had no one to take me. I was supposed to go for the past 2 shot gun seasons but the guy who was going to take me backed out both times. This year I plan or hope to go it myself and just figure it out by asking you guys tons of questions and trial and error. My first goal is to buy a bow, and practice, practice, practice! That's all for now, I will be asking tons of questions though, thanks!

welcome and ask away!!!! i promise you someone here will know an answer!!!!! my best advice is buy whatever bow you feel confident with, dont let a salesman try to push an expensive bow on you, look around, dont buy the first one you find, and yes practice practice practice. come back and enjoy

What do I do after purchasing a bow besides practice?

Quote Originally Posted by deftones2015 View Post
    What do I do after purchasing a bow besides practice?
    Have the bow set up to fit YOU.

Alright, do I do that at the store, or do I have to figure that out myself?

just make sure where u buy your bow that they have a pro shop or someone with the knowledge on how to set it right and know what your draw length is and what draw weight u want . there is nothing more frustrating than trying to shoot a bow that is not set properly for u but when u go to buy one anyone here will help point you in the right direction when you are ready ''' and welcome to the site
    ******* man's only natural predator is man himself *********** poet's name buckstalker17 !!!! And to think my highschool teacher told me sitting on my tail all day would get me nothing in life .

BOWTECH CARBON KNIGHT 4.4 LBS LOADED
    QAD REST
    ARMORTECH SIGHTS

welcome to the site! I havent checked this forum lately, but come deer season I'm on alot and would be glad to answer a few questions along with the other very knowledge members.

S.E.Michigan to live & S.E. Ohio to dream
    Great to have you join us!! Even though it's BowhuntingOhio we encourage discussions on everything outdoors so feel free to get started!!
    Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
    - Thomas Edison

Thread Information