Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Open carry

Open carry

How many guys open carry? I just started and have not had a problem with anything yet. I can't justify paying almost $200 to get a carry concealed permit. I carry a Ruger SR40C in a Blackhawk hip holster.

I conceal with a ruger lcr
    ive hunted my whole life, the rest I just wasted

well I'm from PA, where legal open carry is allowed
    BUt that said they have plenty of rules more or less about causing a scene
    which many times if you have a side arm in plain view it can cause a scene
    thus why so many here carryu concealed
    just a ton of less hassle at times
    all depends on where you go to be honest

and sadly, many times if a store or where ever has a sign stating no weapons allowed, open carry if you miss teh sign , can get you introuble, as a concealed, well?? if no one know's??

I used to tell people, its a small price to pay, as if some day the rightis gone there is a possiblity that a previous permit holder might be grandfathered in !!
    so??
    thats been my view, I pay to have it and am OK with it, but our permits are cheaper(25 bucks for 5 yrs)

Here in NH its about the same as PA for cost. 200$ in Ohio is alot, but what is your life or a faminly members life worth if you really need it in a bad situation? To bad we couldn't all be like Vermont, and Alaska. NO permit needed, just carry!!!
    what goes around, comes around. (I sure do hope so)!!

I carry openly because it's my second amendment right and perfectly legal in Ohio per the revised code does NOT say anything against it. As for the stores with the no gun signs if they do not have one that is visibly posted Then they only thing you can have done to you is asked to leave and if you don't leave then and only then you can get in trouble. As for the inducing panic scare everyone talks about is just a scare tactic. This is from the ORC other states might be different.

2917.31 Inducing panic.

(A) No person shall cause the evacuation of any public place, or otherwise cause serious public inconvenience or alarm, by doing any of the following:
    (1) Initiating or circulating a report or warning of an alleged or impending fire, explosion, crime, or other catastrophe, knowing that such report or warning is false;
    (2) Threatening to commit any offense of violence;
    (3) Committing any offense, with reckless disregard of the likelihood that its commission will cause serious public inconvenience or alarm.
    Definitions, penalties, etc.

There are Three, and only Three acts that can be committed which are chargeable under "Inducing Panic"; 1) circulating a report, 2) threatening an offense of violence, or 3) committing an offense.

As an example...
    If a building is evacuated because one day you decided to wear a Highland kilt and wearing a kilt Is Not an offense under the ORC, then you have committed no offense and you're not "inducing panic." You must first have committed an offense which leads to "inducing panic.

I'm also going to add you can not have a loaded gun anywhere in a motor vehicle unless you have the CCW permit.

I said $200 because it's a $67 application fee and anywhere from $60-$125 for the 12 hours of training.

yea I know you guys need to do all that

don't know if this interest you or not but many Cabela's stores and likes do CCW class's for out of state permits like AZ a,d other states so that then you can carry in like 15-25 states and not just OHIO
    they cost about 150 bucks too, so cheaper, and more places it can be good at??
    just something to maybe think about!!

Thanks MRBB for the tip unfortunately the closest one for me is wheeling and as much as I'd enjoy the trip by the time I filled my tank it would be about the same. Now if gas ever comes back down.

Just like my American Express, never leave home w/o it :)
    Limbsaver DZ-30, Carbon Express Terminator Lite, 100 gr steelhead, Tru-Glo, Tru-Fire

not just cabelas offer these ccp's
    you can find then many times at other places and events too

so, ?? never know, might find one closer to you, or can plan about a trip to a show or the likes,

just letting folks know, as many don't know this option exist's

I hear you on gas, have a 36 gal tank and get like 10 mpg's so?? feel the pain all too well!

Thread Information