Athletic Greens
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your 2011 Deer Season Review

Your 2011 Deer Season Review

So let's hear about your 2011 bow season in 3-5 sentences. Did you accomplish your goals? How did it go for you in general?

I'll go first. I saw a fair amount of deer although I hunted the least I have hunted in 10 years (2 year old and newborn on 11/16/11). I shot two does and had a lot of chances at 100-115" bucks. I saw only 4 mature bucks worth shooting but none ever got closer than 40 yards. It was a disappointing season in general and since I didn't kill a mature buck for the wall I did not accomplish all of my goals.
    "...the deepest, most permanent features of all great moments outside are the names, faces, descriptions, and emotions. The antlers on the wall...well, they're just bones affixed to boards. But what they represent, however, is flesh and blood - fathers and sons, friends spending time with friends and the the seasons of life when the people we love were still with us. These old antlers on the wall...well, take a seat, my friend, and I'll tell you all about them." -Rev. Zeke Pipher

in a nut shell my worst season here in Pa, and never left teh state on a hunt too! so bad all over!

had a few chance's a few nice bucks, missed two ,clean miss's , and my fault, and left the rest walk! more or less!

lost my drive to hunt, so that was a first and never killed a deer, again a first in all my yrs hunting
    so my worst yr on record deer hunting, or just hunting all together!

1 word....SUCKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    European Mount Cleaning: PM me for details

...If you are too busy to hunt or fish,then you are to busy...........Jase Robertson

I shot my first velvet buck on the second day of the season. I could only hunt early morning, late evening, because of work. And did not leave the state. I think that bugs me the worst. I did see two really good bucks for NH, and they gave me no shot. Thats bow hunting .But all and all a pretty good yr. Yext yr I.m coming to Ohio one way or another!!
    what goes around, comes around. (I sure do hope so)!!

This pretty much sums up my year. http://www.wiredoutdoors.com/our_show/w11.html
    The buck Splitter 13 that I patterned all summer and I blew it. Hopefully it will make me a better bowhunter.

Had a decent year. Took a doe early on, passed on a couple smaller bucks, got outfoxed by one shooter and passed on another mature buck early, was holdin out for a better rack. Didn't see many shooters this year?

i was happy with my 5 days in ohio, saw 4 bucks i would shoot,lots of bucks on cam. at night....like to have filled my tag,but for me that doesn't mean success,first full year down there sooooo, cann't wait for nov. 7,

There was no real rut, it was so stretched that it had no real peak. Our team was hunting hard but only Cody managed to kill a 125" buck for one of our episodes. Jeff had a mature 8 with a broken g2 during friday of gun season and couldnt recover him after a low shot. We only have 6 months left to wait till we can redeem ourselves. Come like us on facebook to view all of our episodes before they come out on DVD!

Live in Akron and hunt mostly in Carroll County
    My season was not what I had hoped for. First time since I started hunting with my crossbow that I didn't take a shot the entire season. Passed an easy doe the first morning and a smaller eight point on the second morning. I did learn a couple of keys to deer movement on my property though. Hopefully what I learned will pay off in October/November.
    I may be opinionated...but, my opinion is the only one that matters anyway.

Wet and windy is what comes to mind first! Seen only one mature buck at 60+ yards, worst season for me as a hunter but best as a guide, lol. My son took his first deer this year and then took a small buck for his next deer with less than 10 hours total in stand (my stand and scouting) thank you very much. My buddy from Florida finally put one on the ground after three trips up. LOL
    Did not help with the new boozo hunters on the property this year.
    Patience and perseverance have a magical affect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish."
    John Quincy Adams

Thread Information