Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hurt my back

Glad to hear your back home, and things went well.
    Don't ever let the truth get in the way, of a good story

Sorry to here about your back problems, I'm in the same boat guy though mine was a little more complicated. I was climbing up one of my stands last October and got a little light headed, thought it was just an old man trying to move a little to quickly up the tree. Turns out I was having a heart attack and fell about 20ft to the ground. As if that wasn't bad enough, I fractured 3 verts in my back and neck, broke my left shoulder and my right elbow. Getting old is hell and I'm still healing. Looks like my recurve days are done and mostlikely my hunting days also, since I don't think much of using a compound nor a crossbow. Besides at this point I'm not sure I'd be able to use any of those even if I wanted to make the switch!!! Hope all goes well for you, you seem like your young enough to bounce back from this, so for you it's just a matter of time and healing. If it wasn't for the rare time that I decided to hunt with someone (my grandson) I would of never made it out of the woods.

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Holla View Post
    Back home today. Boy that's one ride I would not recommend.....Disney has much better one's! Basically they fused a couple of my vertebrae together with some cadaver bones and a few plates and screws. Time to heal!! Thanks to everyone for your thoughts and prayers!!
    Just read your post. I've been away from my computer for a few days. Good to see your home and recovering. You still have lots of time before the bow season opens.
    what goes around, comes around. (I sure do hope so)!!

well glad it all went smoothly
    now I hope you heal back 110% and be a new hunting machine come fall!

Here's to a speedy recovery Chuck!..get well man!
    "There is a hunter in us all. When you let it out, your life will make more sense."

09' Pearson Z34
    29"/68lbs
    Carbon Express Maxima 250
    Grim Reaper Broadhead
    Spott Hogg Hogg It 5 pin

Thread Information