Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Poachers Busted!

Thanks for the replys guys. I agree that there's a good chance these idiots will be back at again, but hopefully they think twice about doing it on or next to my farm since they now know I'll turn 'em in.

Indiancreek - the rumors are true....there were a couple of plain clothes officers called in on this case. You wouldn't know them from another hunter.

Just seen in the paper that the owner of the dogs was fined $50 for hunting with dogs and had $64 in court costs....not much of a deterent there. The guy that was on my place did get a $150 fine for hunting without permission, $50 for hunting with dogs, $50 for no deer tag, and had $108 in court costs.

It must be frustrating for the Wildlife Officers to put in the time and then see the poachers get so small of a fine.

sadly thats seems to be why so many cheat

up here we aren't even be able to get them on trespassing by the game dept, they pass the buck to the local police, and if there busy, they don't even like to get involved when a game law is involved

need stiffer fines
    and I even liked the old ways when up here game wardens used to get a percentage of fines, to motivate them to get more involved

only problem was they abused that option and this lost it
    but it did stop a lot of folks from doing wrong, as the wardens were known to be hungry for money by writing fines and looking all the time for cheaters!!!!
    I even remeber when they used to hunt down rifle shots in the evening , just hoping to catch a guy for the few bucks they got off catching them, even if it wasn't for rthe game/animals, it got them a lot more cheaters money!!

wow... just doesn't seem right... I think I have had a more expensive speeding ticket... glad to hear the guys got caught, but steeper punishment is a must!

What happened to having all of your equipment confiscated?

When I read the rules last year, before I was a 6 month resident, I was soooo tempted to buy a in state license (if I could) and go hunting... but when I read that all your stuff could be taken away I held off.

From what you guys said, if I had been caught it wouldn't have cost me much! Don't get me wrong, I want to do what's right... but it sure doesn't offer a lot of encouragement to obey the rules!
    60# Bowtech Destroyer 340

Team Gutpile '12-13

Are you kidding me. You can break into someone's house and steal all their sh**, get caught, and be out on probation in less than two weeks these days. The justice system has become a joke. It's no wonder people are loosing a sense of right and wrong, there is no consequence for your actions these days. I think they should have their equipment confiscated and hunting license revoked for minimum 2 years for first offense, maybe 5 years.

I stopped hunting my friends land in Adams co due to several similar run ins.
    It just became too iffy to travel out and not know if dogs,4-wheelers or people were going to interrupt my sit. It's a shame because that was the only place I had to hunt within 120 miles. Worrying more about which CCW weapon I was going to carry to protect myself instead of ground blind vs tree stand took all the fun out of deer season.

Thread Information