Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How God has blessed me and my buddy these past few years with awesome hunts!

How God has blessed me and my buddy these past few years with awesome hunts!

This year was the year that I decided i was going to really hunt a lot during bow season and devote my time and put it in the stand. Well it really opened my eyes about the wilderness out there and how awesome God is and created this world how beautiful the world is and how much he has blessed us in several ways. This year I made it a goal to myself to help with my spiritual life to pray every time when I first get in the stand. On the night of November 23 I just had a diffrent feeling about this hunt. Right after I said my prayer I saw a small 5 pointer down the hill from me I got to watch him for over 2 hours which was sweet! After that it got calm! I love the last hour of hunting how quiet it is! Well it was then when this big boy came by my stand stood 15 yrds from me! I shot him I had no time to react because he came in so fast but man what a thrill! I challenge each and everyone who reads this post to say a prayer before you get in your stand or even when you are in your stand! It has been a great year of hunting for me and my buddy we strive every year to get bigger deer my buddy has killed a 13 pointer that scored 169 3/8 two years ago. But this was my biggest deer yet and very proud of him. May God bless you and good hunting hope to kill a doe here in the next few weeks to donate one. All of our hunting takes place in Hocking Co Ohio by the way.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	12937_101762723182529_100000464066822_48882_7427023_n.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	65.5 KB 
ID:	8211Click image for larger version. 

Name:	390034_2699546291870_1353039057_3031642_539489122_n.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	86.6 KB 
ID:	8209Click image for larger version. 

Name:	393568_328851320473667_100000464066822_1309701_2061939114_n.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	95.2 KB 
ID:	8210

great deer, and good luck to you next yr
    I tried the praying, never did me any big bucks , well yet

but hey if it works for you's more power to you's

Hey thanks good hunting to u to! Just have some faith thats all It works for everyone I think anyway good hunting to u!

Congrats on your season, it looks like its been a good one!

Its also nice to see someone getting it done close to home, I'm from Lancaster as well.

Thanks! I do all my hunting in Hocking Co but I am getting a place to hunt next year in Fairfield Co. Good luck on the rest of the season.

I do all my hunting in Hocking Co. as well. I am not a religious person but am very spiritual and the best thing about bowhunting to me is the way I feel in the stand. It is hard to descibe but I never got that feeling while gun hunting. I guess it is the calm and the different perspective I get up in the tree. Congrats to you guys on a great season, keep praying because it works for you.
    My Church is the woodlands and waterways, in them I have never felt closer to God.

Genesis 27:3

Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;

Thanks good hunting to you to! I love the feeling of being in a tree and its so calm with a bow I am like you because I dont get that feeling during gun season at all.

S.E.Michigan to live & S.E. Ohio to dream
    Great post! Yes, we all can feel a whole lot closer to him when we are out there in what he created for us!! Just need to see a great sunrise, critters doing amazing things or the answer to our prayers to know he is out there for us!!

For sure this year has really opened my eyes a ton! A lot we should be thankful for! Good luck hunting the rest of the year all of you God bless!

great post and great deer!
    the arrow is everything

Thread Information