well I have spent a lot of $$ over the yrs on rain gear, or so called waterproof hunting gear( cabela's MT050 , there dry plus stuff, aqua swade stuff, it all works well for a little while, but to me not truely waterproof for long sits in the rain, PLUS goretex gets stiff in very low temps and gets louder as it gets stiff, still the stuff I wear most , but I do not call it true rain gear, even the stuff they sell as just rain gear, tok there alaskan rain gear to AK and it bleed through after a few days , every resident there had PVC rain gear NO one there used Goretex stuff, it opened my eye's, if hunting a place that gets lots of rain, I will not count on gore tex again!)

all I can say is all the gore tex stuff i have owned will bleed through after your in the rain for a long time
I found that the best TRUE rain gear is a seperate rain coat of good quality PVC or the likes, its not really quiet or great in COLD temps, as it can get stiff, but works just fine for me, biggest draw back is it doesn't breath so you can sweat pretty fast in it, but I still sweat in goretex as well, but pvc keeps me dry after hrs of sitting and gore tex doesn't

BUT then again if you in rain, temps are not always that cold or it would be snow, and since its raining , noise's get covered by the rian as well

so for me I like the pvc for a jacket, and to be honest in HEAVY cold rain hunts(if I hunt at all any more in them) I wear my camo neopreme chest waders( also windproof)
there warm and positively waterproof
and pretty quiet

I have been know towear camo gear over them, to help prevet them from getting torn on brush if hunting in thick area's

They do sell neopreme jackets as well, that I know will keep you dry too,
but have tor ememeber if you walk any distance in neopreme, you will melt! and come home a few lbs lighter!

I tend to wear gore tex outer wear to a stand, and then put on rain gear for long sits

I think it comes down to how long you plan to sit in the rain as to what you need, in a light drizzle for a few hrs, good hunting gear with goretex is plenty

but for down pours for hrs,, PVC is the way to go, and it cheap too(well compared to high end hunting gear) so I would have both if that was an option, and not the packable stuff, real rain gear!
carhart , helly, makes good quality rain gear as do many other outdoor companys NOT HUNTING related but out side work wear companys!