Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What would you do?

Currently Mason, but raised in adams county
    Oh and left the GW a message last night asking if he would send me a pic of the buck, he hasn't responded yet, but if I get a pic I will post it!!

S.E.Michigan to live & S.E. Ohio to dream
    Boy this has turned into quite the story bds9!! I have been meaning to chime in for quite some time but always seemed to get sidetracked.

I had such a similar story as yours this year with the buck I killed in Ohio. In my post on it you will see that we tracked mine for quite some time and distance only to lose the blood trail in the rain. The next day's search produced nothing and soon I was trying to accept the notion that it must have happened for a reason. Headed back home on a Sunday only to find out that my cousin, on their family property in the direction of where the deer was headed, that same day found my buck. Big 8 with a drop tine on the right side, hard for any to doubt it was my deer. Even though I knew my cousin would give the buck back to me I was prepared mentally just in case. Was a tough roller coaster ride for two weeks from the time I saw the buck to the time I finally laid my hands on him.

In talking with my cousin he said flat out, he had no emotional attachment to the buck and could clearly see mine. He wouldn't even think of keeping a buck if he knew who's it was. As he told me a story about a similar situation years ago when he shot a buck and couldn't find it on some other property he had permission on, it was found by the neighbors a few days later and to this date he still had laid his eyes on the rack or even seen a picture of it. You could see the way that made him feel. How any hunter, if they want to call themselves that, could EVER hold on to a buck that they KNOW was killed by another hunter is beyond me.

KARMA is a bitch.....guess those guys found out what THAT really means BDS9!! Glad to hear you are en-route to a happy ending!!

I was going to start a new thread on this but figured it would save me some explaining if I just replied to this one. Anyways, I recieved the best phone call I have recieved in a while last thursday! It was the GW! He says I should be expecting a phone call from the WVDNR within a few days to schedule a pickup for my Deer Head! I'm super pumped to say the least! I heard that the guys that were caught with it got in quite a bit of trouble, but hey they broke the law and I'm getting my deer. Officer Gilkey said it was in "pretty rough" shape but the antlers were still fine. I will post a pic as soon as I get it! I still have no clue exactly how big he is but I have a pretty good idea of how he looks!

well good for you

about time a win for the good guys

I hope those lawbreakers got big ass fines and learned there lesson!!

bds9, I just read the intire thread. WOW!! what a story. You said you where the 2nd unluckiest guy in the world. Well I don't think you can say that anymore. I do believe in carma, am whiling to bet that you are a good guy and a straight shooter. Congrats. Be sure to post a picture.
    what goes around, comes around. (I sure do hope so)!!

Man if u are the second unluckiest man that make me the unluckiest man ever. Lol congrats on staying with it and get your animal back. !!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ******* man's only natural predator is man himself *********** poet's name buckstalker17 !!!! And to think my highschool teacher told me sitting on my tail all day would get me nothing in life .

BOWTECH CARBON KNIGHT 4.4 LBS LOADED
    QAD REST
    ARMORTECH SIGHTS

S.E.Michigan to live & S.E. Ohio to dream
    Great to hear some good news like this!!

Live in Akron and hunt mostly in Carroll County
    Glad to hear you are about to get the rack back. Curious if the outfitter got in hot water over this episode.
    I may be opinionated...but, my opinion is the only one that matters anyway.

Thanks for the support guys! This whole thing has been an emotional roller coaster ride for me! And Hortontoter, to my knowledge the outfitter did not. The Ohio GW, Officer Chris Gilkey, decided not to prosecute all involved since the people that actually broke the law were prosecuted in the state of West Virginia. Which in turn would increase my odds of recovering the deer head. So I'm grateful that he did that mainly for my cause, but I still hate to know that the outfitter is that crooked. I already knew it to a sense, but he has lost all respect from me. He was actually bragging to my buddy about this "giant buck" that some of his clients found. Knowing they hadn't legally tagged it! I'm just glad my buddy told me about it! I'm just hoping that the WVDNR get up with me at some point this week so I can make a trip to Parkersburg this weekend to get MY buck!

just read the whole thread...thats one hell of a story...happy for you that you recovered the rack and a win for the good guys...
    Will hunt for food...will work for beer.
    Leave'r Right There!

Thread Information