Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What would you do?

WOW!!! GOOD LUCK......THIS IS A WIERD ONE,SORRY,BUT WIERD

damn thats tough...good luck. however, im a firm believer in "finders keepers". reverse the situation, would you give the rack back? im sure the outfitter doesnt want to make any enemies so hopefully it works out for you. this might sound harsh but if you were meant to have that buck, you would have found him two weeks ago after you shot him. best of luck.

I think you have every right to try and get that buck and hope you get him if its yours. I never understood the "finders keepers" b.s. I don't think that is very sportsman like. My question would be if you found somebody's buck, how couldn't you give it back?

Currently Mason, but raised in adams county
    I honestly believe that if I were in the other persons shoes I would indeed return the deer if they could prove it was theirs. Heck I've given sheds away that match peoples deer! I haven't heard any news as of yet, so hopefully no news is good news.

so after a few days of no news, I got a call last night from the outfitter letting me know where the deer was. In the possession of the state of WV!! I guess these boneheads that found the deer and decided not to tag it got pulled over on their way home and the took the deer from them. I called the GW, he was not happy with the outfitter, but said if I can get some proof together then I stand a realistic chance at retrieving the deer once he gains possession.

you couldn't make up a story this good. (At least I coouldn't) lol hope it works out for ya.

That's great, keep us posted and good luck.
    Bear Lights Out 27"/60#
    Beman ICS Hunter 400 arrows
    Whisker Biscuit
    Extreme Archery 3 Pin Sight
    100gr Rage 2 Blade

"There are hundreds of millions of gun owners in this country, and not one of them will have an accident today. The only misuse of guns comes in environments where there are drugs, alcohol, bad parents, and undisciplined children. Period."

Ted Nugent

I wish it was just a big made up story!!! I'm the second most unlucky person I know, so I'm sure it won't work out for me!! But thanks for the support!!!

well I too have bad luck

But I wouldn't give up hope yet, Wv game dept was always great to deal with from my experience(friends that live in Wv have had great luck working with the dept, always top notch helpful folks we dealed with)

so never say never till its all over

Hope you get it back

Well, yesterday I made the 100 mile trip again to try to look for this deers body. On my way, I recieved a call from the GW, He said he was looking at the picture of the deer and asked me to describe it to him. So I again described it as I had numerous other times, and he says i've described the deer exactly except that its a slick 8 point instead of a slick 10 like I had thought. SO my emotions were mixed, I told the GW I was gonna go check out the carcass anyways even though I was pretty sure the deer I shot was a ten. SO after going to where the outfitter told me it was and not finding the carcass, I just started going up the creek back towards my parents property. After about two hours of searching I was about to give up, I found him! So I got down in the creek, and sure as the world, he's shot low and his front left leg is broken!! Exactly where I shot the deer at!!! (however I didn't hit the deer as bad as I thought, He probably woulda died where we jumped him at had I given him more time!) So I immediately call the GW, tell him what I found, and he says ok, well youve convinced me that this is the deer you shot. So he tells me he will put in a recommendation of possesion with the WV game and fish and after the boys trial I have a really good chance at getting the deer back! He says as long as the judge doesn't order the deer to be destroyed, which he said doubts will happen since it wasn't a poached deer That I'll probably get it! So I guess that this deer must be the big 10's son or brother or something, becasue I woulda bet it was him! So on a bright note, the big ten still lives to my knowledge, I indeed killed a big eight, and I actually have a chance of recovering him!!

Thread Information