best I can offer is to try to get a few buddy's together and start doing grid search's
too late now, but since there are guys on this site with tracking dogs, trained to do this, maybe next time, it would be better off, doing a search, and before getting way out there getting one

good dog can find thong no man can

but you cannot like they say trample all over and then get them , its a judgement call on your part, if thing start to look bad best to get help before help cannot help

not bashing you, we all want to try to find our deer as fast as we can , been there and where your ate before

but now I know about the dog service, I wouldn't hessitate to use it, ( I did once but too late i think and weather was bad, snow and rain, plus I did look a bunch too!, that didn;t help)

call your buddies and see if they will come help, its your best chance

looking for buzzards, is a very very low way to find one!, some times a deer can lay for weeks before they get into it! or longer! if weather , froxen or where at it dies!

they say deer run towards water(never had that happn much) thicker cover yes, but found many in the open

grid search , and keep it close!