Quote Originally Posted by hugo27bell75ty View Post
I have done Quite a bit of tracking with my blood tracking dog and I can tell you that a deer hit in the leg will bleed out if you get enough small arteries and push him till he bleeds out. Do not wait on a deer hit in the leg or it will clot up. You must track these deer immediately. Another thing about deer not wanting to run up hills when hit hard is a myth. I have tracked many deer down and they will travel up hills, over fences, in people's back yards and front also, across open fields, down streams etc. I track alot with a dog and have seen it all. There is no rule of thumb when it comes to deer. Trust me, I have proof with many finds from my blood tracking dog from hunters I don't know and trophy's on my wall that I have killed myself. I can give references to those who don't believe what I'm saying from other trackers and hunters in which I found their deer. Also deer will travel more than a mile if pushed, but almost always circle back around to their core area. Big bucks don't get big by roaming out of their core area, they know it's safe there and stick to it from what I have seen, but I have tracked one over two miles before, but it was across 2 big open fields. I never did catch up to him and had to call off the track due to property line trackingwoundeddeer.blogspot.com ( my website)
thanks for backing me up there
I have said for yrs, a deer when hit will run in any direction, up hill down hill, no matter, what ever way it wants to go at the time its going!

have had so many hunters over the yrs tell me I am wrong
but after tracking so many deer over the yrs, I just seen it way too many times
and that through yards
cannot tell you how many I have tracked that did that, even with people outside next door, crazy

and thanks for your link
sure folks could use your service this fall, wish I had someone closer to me here in PA, for just incase !