Thread: 2011/2012 Deer Activity, Hunting Report, Season Information & Rut Report

Hybrid View

Well its just after 3 ....can't stand sitting here thinkin bout huntin....I'm goin back in...LOL posst what happens later
    ......My biggest fear when I die is my wife selling my hunting gear for what I told her I paid for it...... shoot str8.

Live in Akron and hunt mostly in Carroll County
    Hunted Friday through Sunday. A terrible weekend, lots of time in three different stands and never saw a deer. High winds on every sit except Sunday morning. My deer have vanished. Not a deer on camera in the last 7 days.
    I may be opinionated...but, my opinion is the only one that matters anyway.

10/17/11
    evening hunt, was 65 degree's with a steady 10-15 mph wind
    got on stand at 4:30, didn't see a thing till 6:30, had a small button buck come out with several deer in the woods behind him, but just wouldn't come out into the food plot, they were on edge i think due to the wind
    then 5-6 minutes later had a small 6 ptr join the button buck,
    he made a small scrape, even pee's in it, then they fed till just about dark, and joined the deer still behind me in the woods about 30-40 yrds back, then they worked there way off to my left into the wind to a different plot, but still didn't go out into it from what i could see in day light!

All my cam's are getting few pic's if any in the daytime, all are at nite and getting very pic's at all
    deer movements are so wierd this yr
    I have some great food plots and still few deer using them, plus about 20 acres of standing corn, nothing is going hear??

I have even got pic's of some does that I can see ribs like crazy on them, and there is no shortage of feed, so i don't get it!

The good old October lull guys. In combination with high winds, hope it changes this Wednesday, lol get to hunt but calling for rain and high winds, same for Thursday! Will be in stand regardless! Things are about to change, we have to be there when it does!
    Patience and perseverance have a magical affect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish."
    John Quincy Adams

Thread Information