Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ready For Season!!!!!

Ready For Season!!!!!

Stands are up, lanes are cut, mineral sites and food plots are in, cameras are up. Now just more shooting practice and hopefully collecting some nice pictures and a 5 week wait. I have had trouble with my camera's this year though. Hopefully I finally have them working right. Anyone else done ready and waiting?

Live in Akron and hunt mostly in Carroll County
    I am just about ready. All my stands are placed. I put up a pop up blind last Monday which was the last stand to place. Trophy Rock has been in place for nearly two years and has given me a good idea of my buck inventory. Have a few small chores that are not really hunting related to do at my cabin site. But, hopefully they will be done in a week or so. After that the biggest chore will be the wait.
    I may be opinionated...but, my opinion is the only one that matters anyway.

Just put my primary stand up today. Cameras out and plot up/in since June. Waiting til the last minute to put my public land stand up. Best of luck. KB

coming down this weekend to make trails, food plots ( got a 45 hp jd with loader & 6 ft. tiller,...fun,fun ) also putting out a feeder for the first time down there....neighbor has seen 4 bucks over 170....when a local calls them HUGE i pay attention...have a safe weekend

not even close to being ready i have to get bow sighted back in as i had it turned up 8 pounds and shooting different arrows and still have to finish cutting lanes on one more stand and make a quite entry way into another stand any ideas on that would be great it is gull of tall grass and saplings

Is it the end of September yet? I feel like it's been September for the past 4 weeks and the outdoor channel is not helping constantly airing bow hunting shows.

well I am not ready at all, and really its cause I just don't have the motivation as in past yrs
    minus doing the food plots, I more or less have nothing else ready
    all the stands need trimming, plus a good 7-8 stands to hang , and none of my gear is dug out yet
    I have shot some, but not as in past yrs
    just don't have the drive anymore
    don't even care if I kill a deer again this yr
    will get out there but ?????

I will be checking the camera's again sometime this week. I will be posting any good pics if I get any.

Setting up next sat. Going to be on the ground most of the time this year with my son. We have a couple camera out just to take a look with some good results. Has anyone hunted out of a double ladder stand? Thinking about putting one out in a heavier traveled area.

I checked the camera's on Friday. The one camera isn't working very well but the other one seems to be doing a little better. I got a pic of a nice crab claw 10 point. He does look a little young though. I think he is 2 1/2, possibly 3 1/2. Once I get the pic posted you guys can look at him and tell me what you think. It is also just a profile pic (broadside view) so it's hard to judge what he might score. From what I see of him he probably looks two years away from the hit list. Also, I had a nice treat show up on the cam. I have a piebald doe. If I get a chance at her, she will definitely be taking a dirt nap. I will work on getting these posted. Also, this year I decided to try putting in some small food plots for the first ever. I planted them Aug. 24th. I checked them the same time I checked my camera's. One looks to be doing really well. The other one looks good in some spots and not so good in other spots. So far I am happy with the results.

Thread Information