Thread: 2011/2012 Deer Activity, Hunting Report, Season Information & Rut Report

Hybrid View

Gonna let him walk.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SUNP0011.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	99.3 KB 
ID:	7774I hunt a trac of land inside the city limits. ( 5 min and i'm in my stand ) Basically, right out my back door.
    Been watching 2 does for 3 wks now, finally got a pic of a small buck in the area. Gonna let him walk this year, cause i've spotted one other buck, that is much larger. ( big thick neck, narly looking rack,,a shooter ) No pics of him though.
    Just thought i'd share a few pics and let others know,,ya don't have to go far, to bag a buck.
    Try and get permission to hunt some suburban property. ( you will be surprised at the # of quality deer, right out your back door )

NE OHIO
    STARK CO
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SUNP0013.jpg  

10/29/11
    AM hunt info

was snowing like mad at my house, about 1-2 inches on the ground, and 31 degree's
    headed to the farm, got there at 5:45 am, but only raining there with some snow mixed it, and 34 degrees an little to no wind

walking into my stand i would have swore I was invisable
    I ltterly walked past 4 different doe bedded down, at less than 10-12 feet, and they didn't even look at me, like i wasn't there, I also had two small deer walk right to me, i could pet them they were that close

son't know what to say about that but it was cool!

saw one small button buck at 8:30, and that was it, sat till 10am, had things to do, and was plenty wet by then anyways

did find several Fresh scrapes on the way out

be back out tonight, as I have 6-7 inches of snow right now at my place, and about 1-2 inches at the farm, but calling for up to a foot,at my house and maybe 6-7 at the farm
    amazing how just a couple hunderd feet in elevation makes such a big difference

Thread Information