Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011/2012 Deer Activity, Hunting Report, Season Information & Rut Report

I didn't go out but on my drive into work this morning I seen two 150 class 10 pointers standing in a field with 5 doe. I think things a starting to heat up.

saw 10 deer this morning...8 does and to small bucks...back out this evening

11/03/11- Morning. Hunted a great stand site that has produced for me in the past, located between some thick stuff, and only saw three does at 9:15. Never heard any grunting, chasing, nothing. Very weird first week of November. Everyone I know is seeing a lot of bucks in fields tending does, but they are hard to come by in the woods. Buddy of mine in Waverly has been seeing good buck activity. Evidently I either smell bad or can't pick a hunting spot anymore!

Ill be out again tomorrow planning on changing a stand position at around noon and getting in my other stand by 1:30 and the wait is on. Although the bad thing tomorrow is there is suppose to be a 16mph wind but it will be blowing away from the bedding area. Im thinking it will a perfect time to mask sound and scent while hanging this stand.

Ok evening info

11/03/11
    56 degree's warm and sunny, low winds
    got on stand at 3 pm, saw first deer at 4;30 two yearlings, had many deer behind me but wouldn't come out

then at 5pm, had a small 6 pointer run a doe past me, then all I could hear was bucks chasing doe's grunting and running them all over all about me

had a HUGE buck 150+ chase a doe above me at about 60 yrds 3 different time, she kept about a leap ahead of him,

then at about 6 pm, I had a shooter walk out past me, but again at 65 yrds too far, cut across the food plot to teh other side and make a scrape, then go out into the big field above me
    about ten minutes after he left i had a nice 130 class 8 pointer, do like only he came right to me like on a string, I had about 9 doe/yearling in front of me too, so he came to check them and feed till dark in front of me
    this is a buck i am HOPING makes it till next yr, been passing on him all season, about a dozen times now or more from about 5 yrds out,

so I realy hope he makes it, as part of me would love to kill him now, but know he has ton's of potential to be huge next yr, a big frame now just shorter timnes and short on mass, but in another yr! he can be in the 150's for sure I feel!
    fingers crossed he makes it

over all a good nite on stand, second in a row now with deer movements!

hunted wednesday night had 2 does come running in and stopped rite under me i think there was a 3rd deer behind them but they winded me. Then about 6:15 grunted a small 8 point in and a monster 6 pointer which ran the 8 pt off. come gun season the 6 is going down he is past his ears and brows are at least 12 in. things are heating up

yestarday hunted the a.m. saw nothing jumps a couple on the way out

the p.m. weather was calling for variable winds so i hunted on the ground dragging a scent line. found some new scrapes and some monsterous rubs. at 6:10 i started making my way to the field to see if there was any actuion going on. got to the field and with in 5 min from where i just came from it sounded like a ufc fight 2 bucks were going at it hard core about 100 yards behind me rite in line with my brag line. then to the north 2 other bucks started fighting about 50 yards in the thickets. i got out there before they were done being that i was dragging the doe in heat and getting dark going to set up in this area tonight should be excitingClick image for larger version. 

Name:	001.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	98.5 KB 
ID:	7837Click image for larger version. 

Name:	002.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	89.5 KB 
ID:	7838Click image for larger version. 

Name:	005.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	99.2 KB 
ID:	7839Click image for larger version. 

Name:	007.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	99.5 KB 
ID:	7840

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2 buck.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	4.4 KB 
ID:	7841Click image for larger version. 

Name:	buck 1.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	83.4 KB 
ID:	7842 some of the bucks on my prop

here on private land in shawnee ohio it deader than door nail no deer no rut action

I hunted Friday evening I saw nothing...a buddie was out on the other end of the woods and shot a smaller sized 8 point.

Out again Sat mornin seen nothing at all came out at noon for lunch..back up my tree at 1:30 sat till dark seen a spike.

Sunday back out before light....stayed up all day which was real tuff with not seeing much movement. Wind picked up bout 2ish started from w sw then changed n ne about 4:30 which was bad for this stand then bout 5 it started to rain. So I chose to stay put and just ride it out only seen a hand full of Monster size squirrel.
    I forgot to mention that this area I have here I have six different stand sites ...so I'm not hunting the same stand everytime and I have three different properties I've been hunting so I hope to be not educating them of my presents. All but one of these spots are aways from home so when I go to these 2 spots I stay in a camper.....just can't run to these two spots after work or in short order.

Went back down Tuesday night to hunt Wednesday and Thursday.

Wed. good weather 38 in am high 57 almost no wind seen nothing all day...at 620 seen a smal 6 point pass by that was it.
    Thur. sat in wind was 0-10 from th w.nw seen nothing all day.

Just can't figure out were they went. This place has no other preasure I am using different stand sites,,, I got stand set for different winds...got cleared paths to enter and exit on....I practice some serious scent control ...just don't know were they went
    ......My biggest fear when I die is my wife selling my hunting gear for what I told her I paid for it...... shoot str8.

checked cams at 2 lots of movement during the day got in my stand at 3 and had a buck walk by while i was putting my coat on here some picsaAttachment 0

Thread Information