Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011/2012 Deer Activity, Hunting Report, Season Information & Rut Report

was out this morning had alot of movement before light. had one doe come running through as if something was chasing her shortly behind her was another doe. no bucks and alot of turkeys. time to get back out. has anyone tried rattling or grunting yet this year

Monday evening report- sat my crabapple staging area stand, had a mature doe and two fawns come underneath me at 6:00 and that was it. I'm done with does so I let them live another day. Cows came under my stand just before dark so that pretty much ended the hunt. Nice evening, scrapes are appearing everywhere now, seems to have started this past weekend.

10/24/11
    evening hunt
    weather at 55 degree's winds at about 10 mph, and light rian falling

got on stand at 4:45 pm
    saw first deer at 6:05 pm, a doe and a yearlying button buck, fed past me, and into the food plot, and stayed there till just about dark, and went back into the timber
    at just before dark, had the same wide 8 ptr walk past me, I have been passing on, and a scond buck a few minutes later but too dark to tell what or exactly how big, but had some good size from what i seen, so not a small scrub buck, but how big??

was down to a drizzle and still 56 degrees when i quit

slow nite!
    no scrapes yet really either , but should start up soon I hope need more movement, boring on stand when its so slow!

10/25/11- evening. Hunted a stand for the first time which overlooks a pipeline which comes onto my property. Kinda warm with the sun shining brightly at the beginning but the last hour of the hunt was very nice with little or no mosquitoes. Never saw or heard a single deer. And believe me if there had been a deer within 100 yards of me I would have heard him, it was NOISY out this evening. The squirrels sounded like buffalo.

10/25/11
    evening hunt, was 60 degree's going in winds at about 10-15 mph, sunny
    got on stand at 4pm
    saw first deer at 6:05 a doe walking on a field edge about 300 yrss out there
    then at 6;15 had a doe and a yearling, and then another doe and yearling show up in front of me, eating in the plot
    they fed for about 5 minutes, then a nice 8 pointer came out, stared at them for a little bit, then stretched out his neck as far as he could, turned it sideways, and let out a HUGE grunt, and then broke out into a run at the biggest doe, she took off, out ran him, and then they both started eating in the food plot, she then stopped, and took a pee
    he sw that , and charge right over and burried his nose in the spot she went
    then ran at her again, again she out ran him, and they then just fed till dark

this 8 is a border line 130" class deer, I have now passed on so many times this yr, he is testing me for sure, as 120" deer are far and few in my area, but he has such potential, I am so hoping , he makes it till next yr!! and me letting him go isn't for nothing!

Hunted a transition area between a bean field and a cornfield. Saw one doe, and rattled in a little basket seven. He came running out of the corn. He hung around until he realized there wasnt a fight going on and took off. Presented several shots, but just too young. Awesome encounter though
    2012 PSE X-Force Omen Pro
    QAD Ultra Rest Pro HD
    G5 Optix XR Site
    Carbon Express Maxima Hunter Arrows
    Slick Trick Magnums 100Gr

10/26/11 evening hunt
    was 64 degree's heavy o0vercast felt like rain any minute, but none came
    winds were about 7-10 at first then about zero for last half hr.

got on stand at 3 :30 pm, didn't see a deer till about 6 pm, a small 3 ptr, worked his way across the new winterwheat field to mt standing corn, then lost him as he went in

at 6;15 had 3 big doe work there way to me, and they were on high elert, they jumped and ducked at every thing as they came in , not sure what had them so on edge, as they paid no attention to me at all, just seemed scared in general, with all that ducking and side stepping and acting off

the got into my food plot, and then I had a shooter buck(one I mieesed a few days ago) come past me at 40 yards, waited for him to get closer and offer a better angle and distance, but he took a turn and went out into the food plot below me.
    saw them doe, and chased them off the food plot away from me
    he never seemed to knwo i was there, so, maybe tomorrow!

was still 56 dgrees when i left so its warm, and calling for heavy rains tomorow, so i hope not!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PICT1532.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	100.0 KB 
ID:	7759Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PICT1533.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	102.2 KB 
ID:	7760Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PICT1534.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	102.2 KB 
ID:	7761 Happy to join the thread have been a guest for 2 years now. lol. Have only been out hunting a few times this year. I am hunting about 65 acres in Wayne county. Just recently noticed scrapes and rubs. It seems like the deer here are nocturnal. Any idea on his size?

IF YOU LVE IN SE OHIO, you will not find a better time to go hunt scrapes than today. Get onstand tho before this rain stops
    Truth be told, this world is full of hunters with the ability to accomplish their hunting goals on their own. Yet the majority of hunters in this world have no knowledge of their true hunting abilities. Commitment and sacrifice are seen as something that is just out of reach or maybe not a choice. Failure is not an option to these hunters and they believe hunting success lies only in the kill. Should these hunters realize that they CAN commit, they CAN sacrifice and that failure is something that should be expected, they too will realize that they CAN do it on their own and they will experience success the way it should be experienced........ DIY STYLE!!!

hunt hard or go home,
    Pete Sisson

Ok had plans to huntthe rain, but,like it happens plans change

got to the farm today 10/27/11, for the evening, but found a BIG tree that fell down and in the way, so, had to chop it up and mopve it, by then all sweated up so decided to pass on a hunt

was 56 degree's and med to heavy rains when i got there, by dark it was down to a drizzle, and wet SNOW mix!

YES , SNOW!!!

left the farm, was 34 on the trucks outside tepm

by the time i got to my place(750+ ft in elevation) it was snowing pretty good, and 31 degree's

thats more like it, tomorrow should be a great day!! if it stays cold like this, as the rain is suposed to stop tonight(and snow) and just be cold

winds are heavy right now, a good 15+ mph and 20-30 mph burst's
    hope they die down some!!

Thread Information