Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011/2012 Deer Activity, Hunting Report, Season Information & Rut Report

Watched a 8 point across the road from living room just standing in a cut bean field, not moving just standing before I noticed the doe in the waterway laying down. Buck finally laid down beside her and was there for about an hour before a combine came in to take beans off in the field right next to them. They both got up and ran off with him hot on her tail. Planning on going out tomorrow as I just purchased another doe tag. Farmers around here are going at the corn and beans like crazy which will move the deer around so you just never know. Be nice to get another for FHFH as they would like about 30 more deer for donations.

Let's just say he ain't a problem anymore.

My wife went hunting this morning so I didnt get out in the am, she didnt see a thing though. It was real windy here in preble county. I made it out for the evening hunt and seen 6 doe and a basket rack with his nose to the ground. That was after Climbing a tree with my summit climbing stand only to have a guy on the property next to the one I was hunting Climb up a tree 40yrds. from me right on the property line. So back down the tree I went to another spot..

Still on stand windy as all get out two does came strolling through by my stand at 6:50 am called a small 5 pointer around 8am that's it so far this morning.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1321192268.822724.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	98.5 KB 
ID:	7936
    Martin Exile 60 lbs.
    29.5 D.L.
    Extreme Archey Rubicon 4 Pin Sight
    Nap Appache drop Away Rest
    Nap Apache stabilizer
    Bohning Chameleon 3 Arrow Quiver
    Beman 340 Bowhunters Arrows
    G5 Striker 100 grn

Genesis 27 ... 3 Take your bow and a quiver full of arrows out into the open country, and hunt some wild game for me.

Was going to go out tonight dispite the wind but lost my best huntin spot til after gun season, That hurts this time of year:07:
    Mathews Z7 Magnum 70lb. 29''draw, Mathews detachable quiver, Sword Sights, Goltip arrows, Spitfire broadheads, QAD Ultra rest Hd. TRU Ball Release.

Hung out for the duration today total sightings all within 20 to 40 yards small 5 pointer one fork horn one larger buck in thicket. Couldn't get head gear count & 7 does of which 5 came through about 5 this evening. Cant get out again till wensday. Best day yet for activity so far this year.
    Martin Exile 60 lbs.
    29.5 D.L.
    Extreme Archey Rubicon 4 Pin Sight
    Nap Appache drop Away Rest
    Nap Apache stabilizer
    Bohning Chameleon 3 Arrow Quiver
    Beman 340 Bowhunters Arrows
    G5 Striker 100 grn

Genesis 27 ... 3 Take your bow and a quiver full of arrows out into the open country, and hunt some wild game for me.

11/13/11- AM. Saw one doe at 6:50 AM. Other than that the morning was windy and noisy with squirrels everywhere and no deer. Stayed till 10:00 then said the heck with it. Pretty frustrated right now with the hunting, just couldn't get a break with a buck worth shooting within range this year. All small bucks under my stand but the three shooters I've saw have always been 40-50 yards away with no shots (wouldn't at that distance anyway). Bad weather next three days so it looks like it'll have to be a post-rut buck for me or nothing.

[QUOTE=bflem55;130609]yeah lungman tell me about it it sucks over here in Madison County. I havent seen one bit of rutting activity. I am thinking that this rut atleast in this area is going to come in a little bit later than what these so called "experts" are saying. Where do you hunt at?

Hi bflem, i hunt NW Stark Co, Oh.
    Have actually been hunting a piece of land ( 40 acres ? ) inside the city limits.
    Good luck, hope u stick a big one.

11/16 pm Got off work early hit the woods @ 3PM. Cool breeze out of the WWN 3-7mph. Overcast. Beautiful evening. Saw tails bouncing through the woods as I drove up in the truck. Saw the first action at 4:15, Two does being chased by two bucks the does were 50-60 yds. apart both had their bucks in tow at about 10 yds. It was crazy! I would have said something spooked them and they were just running through the woods but both pair were zig zagging their way through the woods. Both bucks were grunting and carrying on. They went on their way and about 20 min. later a shooter buck came down the same trail, nose to the ground. I grunted snort-wheezed but he would not stop he seemed to be preoccupied with the trail he was sniffin. I thought he had left but one of the smaller bucks had left his doe and was coming back. He walked out of the thicket I saw the big boy go into. Then the big boy followed the little guy back out, and chased him off. Then disappeared back into the thicket. My thought was that the doe was stillin the area but never saw anything again. All in all a pretty exiting night. The rut is not over and I have the next few days off.. Bloods gonna flow.

The rut here in Lawrence co. Has seemed very weird this year. For me and everyone I've talked to. I started seeing chasing activity the third week of October, but rubs were virtually non existant. Rutting activity has been very sporadic and drawn out rather than a 1 week or so window I think it's going to be a longer drawn out rut where there is no obvious peak. I've seen bucks engaged in all out battles during the day and then see bucks in the fields act like they were best pals while feeding less than 10 yards apart. With that said I did manage to take a cruising buck with my bowtech at 12 yards last Saturday morning. I run trail cams year around and had never snapped a picture of this guy. Will post pics whenever I figure it out again.

Thread Information